The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Latherin’ Luddite

Latherin’ Luddite Well-Known Member

A four day recap;
    Orange Chill
    Lemony Orange
    Iced Pineapple
    MITA

All this menthol and cold water has made a lather bowl seem much less important, and has allowed me to practice face lathering.

2. john zeiger

john zeiger Well-Known Member

I just ordered samples of soap and A/S splash in:
    Baker Street (I've used before and know I like it a lot - just want to compare with the others)
    Mountain Man
    Sharp Dressed Man
    Sandpiper

3. Latherin’ Luddite

That’s a winning lineup.

4. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

You could have used your parantheses comment with Sandpiper too, right?

5. john zeiger

john zeiger Well-Known Member

Yes but only tried a sample and want retry and compare.

6. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

Cruising the islands today with Island Man. No not the Hawaiian, haven't tried it but that might be more like Texas on Fire.

Island Man is good, slightly sweet, gentle, fresh, clean. Worth a try.

7. NYer

NYer Member

Good afternoon, this is my first post on this fine forum, well second if you include my initial post at the Welcome Center. Anyway, the Stirling product line is one of my favorite. There shaving soaps are hard to beat and most of my shaving soap rotation are Stirling. Every soap gave me an excellent shave, although some of the scents were not for me. I also like to pair soap, AS and witch hazel, where possible.

I use Stirling Rose soap most days over the summer, picked it up on sale a few months ago. When I feel like a change I use either Lemon Chill, which is outstanding or Lime, which is decent. I also have the AS for these, which I enjoy.

In the colder weather, I use Stirling Sandalwood and Gentleman regularly. After trying many Sandalwood soaps and creams, Stirling and Proraso are my favorites. Stirling gives a slicker shave than Proraso, but either works well.

Just got Island Man. Was not thrilled with the scent initially but it is growing on me.

Wintergreen soap is also enjoyable but for some reason the matching witch hazel burned my face (only product ever to do this) and I cannot use it.

Tried a number of other scents in samples and don't want to make this post too long, so won't go into them, some I liked the scent of and some were not for me.

8. theFAT98

theFAT98 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the den.

In my opinion the best scents stirling has.

Lemon chill
    Executive man
    Iced pineapple
    Almond creme
    Sharp dressed man

9. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Welcome to TSD! Look forward to hearing more of your thoughts and seeing your shaves!

10. Latherin’ Luddite

Hello and welcome to The Den. I’m glad you’re finding the same success with Stirling products as the rest of us are. It’s VERY easy to have a collection that grows out of control, but as long as you don’t run out of coins and storage, it’s a fairly harmless trap. :)

PLAla, john zeiger, Frijolero and 4 others like this.
  11. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

Welcome. Nice write up.

I got a sample of the Wintergreen WH because it was the only WH at Glacial strength menthol. I have never had an experience like it. For a few seconds I was thinking 'what have I done' then it settled to a great lasting cool. Strictly for seasoned menthol heads!

I won't buy more, because I'm not a Wintergreen fan, but if they decide to jack something else up there, I'm in.

Yehuda D, PLAla, john zeiger and 2 others like this.
  12. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Wednesday SOTD
    July 18, 2018

Colonial Razors 'The General' with UFO Colibri SS
    Feather Pro Super
    Shavemac 400 with D01 Two Band
    Stirling Soap Co. - Glacial Obsidian Soap, Black Ice Witch Hazel, Glacial Lemon Aftershave
    Pino Silvestri

[​IMG]

cliffb599, Yehuda D, PLAla and 8 others like this.
  13. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Tobacco Tuesday!

Wonderful shave this evening! [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

theFAT98, Yehuda D, PLAla and 6 others like this.
  14. Latherin’ Luddite

Today was hot and miserable.........at least to those of us who hate the heat. So a Glacial was definitely in order. Black Cherry is a very hit or miss scent for me, but today it hit the spot. I painted it on with a RazoRock 400 and did a two pass removal with a Game Changer. My face is still enjoying the coolness several minutes later.:cool:

So for the lack of a well composed photo.

Linuxguile, john zeiger, jluc and 3 others like this.
  15. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

@Latherin’ Luddite , Great minds think alike!

SOTD July 18th
    [​IMG]

Stirling Mentholated Pre-Shave Soap
    Superior Lather Catcher
    CVS CS (009 RD) SE blade (2)
    Yaqi Ruby Red (24mm, Frigate class)
    Stirling Glacial Black Cherry
    Stirling Glacial Lemon Chill PSB

16. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

You just gave me great inspiration for tomorrow morning's shave. Although the OSP Grapefruit Menthol soap I used today has a good cooling effect it feels insignificant compared to Glacial Black Cherry. Thanks for inspiring me!

17. Fly2High

Fly2High Breaking Frugal

yesterday was Satsuma shaving soap. I love citrus and orange or mandarin scents especially. Add to that a nice spicy note and you got the phenomenal scent of Satsuma. LOVE IT!!!! Another great offering by Stirling. When I hear how so many have a hard time with many artisan's scents, I send them to Stirling. I find it so hard to find a scent from you guys that I don't like!! Of course, that just means I need more bathroom space to store them all.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
  18. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Glad to be of service! GBC is fantastic!

19. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

+1!

20. Latherin’ Luddite

You and me both! My wet shaving purchases were fairly linear and controlled until I learned about Stirling. It became a question of which would run out first...........finances or storage space! I’m slowing down now (mostly) and I feel like royalty being able to select the exact scent I’m in the mood for on a given day. AND knowing all of the soaps will perform equally awesome.