The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

Used the electric sheep again this morning, one last time for a while. Sunday will be lemony orange, at last!

Not looking forward to the 30 hour trip home, but I'm very, very ready to be home.

2. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I actually love the scent of the Wintergreen. My wife hates it, but that's besides the point. There are perhaps four or five scents I love that she also loves - not more.

3. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Friday SOTD
    July 20, 2018

Blackland Dart
    Gillette Silver Blue
    Omega Pro Boar 10098
    Stirling Soap Co. Glacial Lemony Orange
    Stirling Soap Co. Orange Chill Aftershave
    Terre D'Hermes

[​IMG]

4. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

For tomorrow it's going to be a swelteringly-hot day so I'll pull out the Glacial Eskimo Tuxedo!

5. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

103 likes short of 56,000.....if I wait til the actual round number, I'm sure to miss it.

6. john zeiger

john zeiger Well-Known Member

I've got this soap too and had the same experience tolerance wise. I'm well past 3 uses on the tub. I absolutely love the smell of the Iced Pineapple but am no longer blown away by the menthol. Next year I may try a Glacial.

7. john zeiger

I find all of the Stirling soaps amazing for their shave properties. I envision the day when I am exclusively a Stirling user. Got some other soaps to use up first though.

8. john zeiger

There is one more for you. 56,000 likes is amazing but you make a lot of great posts.

9. Paul Turner

Thanks John.....this is such a great group so it's easy to be at my best when I do a post.

10. john zeiger

I agree Paul that this is a great group.

Frijolero and Linuxguile like this.
  11. Paul Turner

Wouldn't it be weird if there was a Glacial Aqua Velva? All right, back to Stoylin :cool:

12. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

You can make AV Glacial by adding menthol crystals!

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

13. Paul Turner

ahh, quite true!!

Yehuda D, Frijolero and Edison Carter like this.
  14. theFAT98

theFAT98 Well-Known Member

Stirling is definitely one of the artisans that I could happily live with only using their soaps.

15. Latherin’ Luddite

Latherin’ Luddite Well-Known Member

Tonight’s shave was Coconut Lime. I really enjoy the scent, and this is the time to be using it. I’m also trying not to use a menthol soap every day of the week so that I might slow down the desensitization process a little. I’ll never know if it’s helping, but it can’t harm anything.

16. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

That’s super cool. I’m still debating on whether or not to cash mine in.

Yehuda D, Frijolero, gott654 and 3 others like this.
  17. Latherin’ Luddite

Latherin’ Luddite Well-Known Member

It’s a warm sunny Saturday, but I have to go to work. That doesn’t mean my face can’t be on a tropical vacation.

I did a light-ish application to my face of Glacial Coconut Lime AND Iced Pineapple! :cool:

18. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Superb shave overall, but I experienced a strange sensation with the Glacial Spearmint splash. It went on and immediately felt warm, almost a burning feel that wasn't a pleasant burn. Not the burn you expect with an alcohol shave. It felt hot. Pretty uncomfortable. Then the glacial aspect kicked in and it cooled off, but that initial warm feeling was strange. Never had that happen before. This was the first use of this aftershave.

That happen to anyone else? Could it be the essential oils in this one? I've never had ANY problem with any other Stirling splash. I'll try it again to see if this was a fluke.

SOTD 7-21-18.JPG

19. NYer

NYer Member

This morning I grabbed Stirling Lime, which I have not used in quite a while. Excellent shave and the scent is really enjoyable. Will probably use it for the next few days. Only downside is the scent seems to faded a bit over time. Finished with Stirling Lime AS which is excellent.

20. gott654

gott654 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Menthol Monday!!!

(If that’s a thing??)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk