The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. theFAT98

theFAT98 Well-Known Member

Get glacial lemon chill or glacial mita. Both are fantastic

2. FatherofSquirrel

FatherofSquirrel A right jolly old elf

:signs011:

Same here. I use a rag, but I don't over lather. My bar lasts about a month. I too sit it in a dish an keep it up hi and dry.

SWMBO uses the honey oatmeal and uses the bar as an exfoliator. Then she sit soap on the "soap" ledge where it stays damp.
    Needless to say, mine lasts a lot longer.

3. FatherofSquirrel

FatherofSquirrel A right jolly old elf

Agreed.

Still waiting on Glacial Electric Sheep.
    Last time I mentioned it, I believe Rod suggested I was losing it. :shocked029:

4. Latherin’ Luddite

Latherin’ Luddite Well-Known Member

MITA is on my short list is Forever Soaps, even in standard form. I could make it my daily summer soap but I’m afraid that I might start to take it for granted or become nose blind to it.

I enjoy the Glacials, and have most of them. Lemony Orange knocks out Glacial Lemon in the first round IMO. Apparently there’s such a thing as too much Lemon for me.

I load my brush on the tub, but I’m going to try Pickled Northern’s approach of digging out a tiny piece of two soaps and mixing them in a bowl. In this case, Glacial Lemon and Orange Chill. In theory it should make Lemony Orange which I love.

5. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

I'd go for it. But yeah, that definitely fills a pretty tiny niche.

6. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

I had the same thought that mixing those two might accomplish the same thing. I’m interested to know your results. I could try it myself, but apparently I’m too lazy or absentminded to follow through.

7. Ijustmissedthe50s

Ijustmissedthe50s The Warnee

Finally broke down and placed our first Stirling order...mostly for my Amy, though I did order Orange Chill soap nd splash myself. I wasn't going to, I need another after shave like a hole in the head. But I figured if I might as well compliment the sop. Amy loves menthol, so we ordered her the Lemon Chill and MITA soaps with their corresponding splashes. Ordered some lip balms and bath soaps. And I did mention in the comments section of the order page that it was the rest of you TSDers that finally convinced me to try out their products.

8. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Monday SOTD
    August 13, 2018

Blackland Dart with Triad Helix Hex Ti
    BIC Chrome Platinum
    El Druida Blue Water D7 Manchurian
    CRSW Lavish Soap & AS
    Chatillon Lux Colbeck
    ADP Ginepro di Sardegna

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
  9. Latherin’ Luddite

I actually tried it about an hour after posting. It worked just fine other than the 1:1 ratio needs to be 2:1 favoring the Orange if trying to match L-O. The menthol blast was still plenty strong to notice and enjoy.

This was also my first time adding to a bowl, and I used a little more than needed. Probably because I dipped into two soaps.

10. Latherin’ Luddite

This morning after a shower, I remembered that Stirling sent me a sample Executive Man deodorant. When I first received it, it smelled very mild compared to the AS. And being a sweaty and ignorant dude, I figured it was a waste of my time since I use antiperspirants in high volume.

Well today started a well deserved week off, so for today I could use my sample as I shopped and packed for our fishing trip. Long story short, it’s been working awesome in conjunction with the matching AS. The only caveat is during the last year of wild spending on personal hygiene gear, my nose is starting to form opinions............like Creed Aventus isn’t meant for August.

So now I’m visiting Stirling’s website for the thousandth time as I plan my deodorant order. MITA is at the top of the list, followed by Piacenza, Arkadia, Sandpiper and SDM. :)

11. Latherin’ Luddite

I also took the time to educate myself via several online articles about natural Deodorants. Now I can smell better AND be smarter! :cool:

12. Latherin’ Luddite

Well the order is placed. I also ordered a tub of Gatlinburg because it sounds a lot like Ozark Mountain which is one of my very favorites.

13. theFAT98

Im interesting in ozark. Can u describe the scent please. I know what the Stirling site says i just like hearing it from people that use the product.

14. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Summer is such a perfect time to use the Glacial Lemon Chill stuff - actually any time is!

15. john zeiger

john zeiger Well-Known Member

I feel the same way about the Iced Pineapple. Stirling products are just tough to beat.

16. Latherin’ Luddite

I don’t mean to slip out from under the question, but I’m horrible at describing scents and flavors. I CAN say that it was part of my very first Stirling order, and I bought it based on the reviews. I was disappointed in the smell for a while because there’s a strong top note that was blocking everything else. I don’t know if my problem prone sinuses cleared up or my sense of smell matured, but suddenly the soap went from one I wasn’t going to replace to one I never be without. If I hadn’t bought a whole pick I might have given up on it before my epiphany.

Sorry that didn’t answer your question even slightly. I’d have the same problem trying to describe my favorite coffees and beers.

17. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I had a sample of Gat A.S.-thought it was OK.

ezlovan, Frijolero and john zeiger like this.
  18. theFAT98

No worries. Thanks for the response

ezlovan, Frijolero and john zeiger like this.
  19. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

I have a sample size of shave soap. What I get mostly is pine. Strong, but not overkill. Fresh pine, does not remind me of a cleaner.

My Scots Pine showed up today. At first whiff, I like Ozark more. I loved the lather from the mutton tallow soaps, but am not a fan of Electric Sheep, or Port au Prince. So I got the Scots Pine sample and a tub of the Unscented.

Can't hurt to get a sample puck.

20. theFAT98

Thank you. Im not a fan of pine scents so ill hold off on getting it. I want to try the mutton base. I might order the unscented soap and combine it with another Stirling soap.