The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Absolutely not, It is a completely unscented soap. I actually got this one for my wife (she has eczema and anything with fragrance will usually cause her to break out) in an attempt to get her into wet shaving, alas it didn't work and the tub sits unused on the back of my shelf. Aside from having no scent where Williams has a mild fragrance (I don't know what it is I've never used Williams) Naked and Smooth actually lathers well (just like every other Stirling Soap), unlike Williams :p.

2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Isn't "Bills" unscented, too? (I hope Fuzzy doesn't see that!!). Oh, you say mild...I never really picked it up(the scent).

3. Linuxguile

No, I'm pretty sure it has a mild citronella scent. Maybe someone that has used Williams can chime in.

4. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

No, just lightly scented. Citronella-ish, like Arko. And it lathers great too. Unless you insult it. Then it holds out, just to spite you. :D

5. Paul Turner

@john zeiger , as you know Naked& Smooth made it to the final round in the 2019 Stoylin Tony Awards(soap nomination #2).

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
  6. Paul Turner

Sorry, @Frijolero I know YOU know that, too :).

7. Frijolero

Yes indeed!

8. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

I had a very nice shave this morning with Dunshire. Nice performer.

9. Frijolero

I had citronella on the brain, so it was electric sheep for me today. Can't beat it.

10. Paul Turner

My "feature soaps" for the following two weeks will be Stoylins. (Feature meaning for 3 straight days each week).

11. john zeiger

john zeiger Well-Known Member

I do know that Paul. Occasionally I like an unscented soap ( like when I want use an aftershave that doesn't pair well with anything else) bu t I use Stirling's Unscented with Beeswax. I haven't tried the Naked & Smooth but I really like the Unscented with Beeswax.

12. Paul Turner

My impression of Naked&Smooth is that it's unscented with unscented. (No offense to the bees in this world).

13. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

My Black Friday order is out for delivery! Should be delivered today even though it was originally expected tomorrow. :git:

14. Frijolero

My order just shipped yesterday. No rush. I think I have about 10 already too.

I went with black pepper lime and D-503 sets. A marble 2 band brush, a few bath soaps. And a dozen lip balms, for a niece who wants them for Christmas.

15. Linuxguile

[​IMG]

16. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

My black Friday order has hit the "In transit to next facility" black hole.

17. Paul Turner

Is it a large order?

18. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

My order arrived earlier today. Haven't snapped a photo yet.

Kaboom smells incredible! Haverford is a sweet vanilla and tobacco scent. Stirling Green smells exactly like I remember from the sample I had. And Black Pepper Lime is a compelling scent. Can't quite wrap my head around that one yet. Then I got Ozark Mountain, which is wonderful.

19. Paul Turner

That's great you included your neice as a Stoylin recipient.

20. Paul Turner

I might get a Polo dupe someday. People may say "Ahhh, Polo's moved on". Clubman's much older, and THAT hasn't.