The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

I'm interested in your impression of Black Pepper Lime. It's a unique scent. I have it on tap for Thursday's shave.

2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Just saw a Fed-X outside my window, Andrew.....I hope they don't have your order. But serioiusly, sorry to hear.

3. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Thanks Paul!

4. Linuxguile

Thanks Perry! I will try to give it a go this week when it gets delivered.

ezlovan, john zeiger, PLAla and 2 others like this.
  5. Linuxguile

And I haven't forgotten about your request Paul @Paul Turner , I'll be giving Stirling Noir a go on Wednesday.

6. Paul Turner

You know what I always say when I see those trucks outside...."How can that be....I didn't order anything!!" (Course I don't say that when I DID order something lol).

7. Paul Turner

Hey thanks.....I'm glad Doc Ezlovan included that scent in his arsenal.

8. PLAla

SOTD December 4, 2018

Prep: Cold water and Stirling mentholated pre-shave soap
    Blade: Schick
    Razor: Schick H1 injector
    Brush: JR #60 synthetic
    Soap: Stirling Haverford

First off, the lather slickness and consistency was top notch. Set the stage was easy shaving and I ended up with a no-complaint shave.

The soap itself is a darker brown color. I bloomed the soap (or soused for those in other parlance) and the bloom water poured off slightly brown. The soap had changed color to a lighter tan. It remained that color when loading the brush and face lathering. The lather had the color of melted chocolate ice cream. But it was well-hydrated and slick as usual. I have a mild cold so I can't detect the scent as much as normal but the soap seem muted as far as scent when lathering and shaving. The aftershave provided a warm burn followed by a cool down since I added menthol crystals the other night.

All in all a fine shave. The results were terrific. The non-white lather threw me for a loop but I guess it didn't affect anything in the long run. And again, I can't pass much judgment on the scent due to my annoying cold.

Enjoy your day!

SOTD 12-4-18.JPG

9. Paul Turner

Here's a pleasant surprise...one of the lead best sellers for 2018 at MaggardRazors is Stoylin Xecutive Man soap. (I received this info from MR's latest promo e-mail).

10. john zeiger

john zeiger Well-Known Member

One of my two favorites along with Mountain Man but I buy my Stoylin directly from Stoylin.

11. Linuxguile

Well, hopefully this means that my package will be delivered today. Notice how it arrived at my local FedEx facility without ever leaving it ? :signs002:

upload_2018-12-4_7-55-36.png

12. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

13. PLAla

Just went to the Stirling website to see if there were any reviews for Haverford. Mainly wanted to see if my experience this morning was typical. But, Haverford is not listed on the website. Wonder if it sold out, but normally when items sell out that they are grayed out and you can still it. Haverford is not listed. :signs002:

14. Paul Turner

Oh, I would, too.

15. Paul Turner

That's puzzling. Perhaps contacting Doc Ezlovan himself is an idea.

16. PLAla

I'm not that worried about it. More curious than anything else.

17. Paul Turner

I notice Doc Ezlovan hasn't made his "TSD rounds" for a while. I'm sure he(and Mandy)are focused on that "next big project" he was talkinabout.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
  18. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

Or still catching their breath.

19. Linuxguile

Actually, I saw on facebook that they are still working on shipping out all of the black Friday orders.

20. Linuxguile