The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. ezlovan

ezlovan Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor

Thank you Jason. My sons are 6 years old and 3 months old. They are exactly why I am doing this. Well, that and the fact that I see myself in pictures now and I feel just plain embarrassed.

2. Shadow Shaver

Shadow Shaver Well-Known Member

And the master keeps everyone coming back for more! SWMBO would love for the house to smell like White Linen or Red Delicious, maybe every once in a while she would let me use Mountain Man, Baker Street, or Sharp Dressed Man. Lol 21yr old me would have spent a small fortune on this idea :D

3. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Used my sample of EMP EdT this morning and OMG so good! More pineapple up front, like iced pineapple but with Executive Man hanging out in the background! I'm going to have to get a full size bottle of this one!

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

4. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

That's what happened to me as result of my Sandpiper sample(A.S.)....got a full one, actually I now have my second full..first one with menthol, current one without.

5. pisces_0

pisces_0 Well-Known Member

First off, Rod I absolutely love your line of soaps and AS splashes. Great performance and beyond wonderful scents! Looking forward to what unfolds in '19.

Also, my experience with cutting carbs/sugars and transitioning to fats/protein mirrors @Latherin’ Luddite above. Dropped 50+ pounds in the last year and a half between diet and exercise. Feel like I'm 19 again!!

6. ezlovan

ezlovan Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    Thank you. That's exactly what I'm hoping to do.

7. Gnomeo0228

Gnomeo0228 Well-Known Member

Congratulations on the weight loss success my friend! I currently eat Keto as well, but been eating more of a carnivore diet. It strange how we have all been lead to believe how mad fats are for us. The majority of my weight loss was done with the help of the book I recommended Rod to look into. It's called the slow-carb diet. This works REALLY well. It's not the funnest diet to follow but it is effective. The addition of kettlebell swings I think was the icing on the cake. I tried following this way of eating with my business travels but I always ended up putting weight on. Not much, but just enough to look for alternatives. I then found the keto diet and have never looked back! This WOE is the only thing I have found to really keep the weight off when I travel. I have been keto for almost 2 yrs now with the occasional cheats here and there (well, there was a month long cheat when I went to the Philippines last year lol). But honestly I feel so much better on keto and as crazy as it sounds, when I go zero carb I feel even better! Now, I know it's not for everyone and the transition from burning carbs to fats for fuel is not pleasant but it is totally worth it.

Now, the hardest thing for me to give up was beer, lol! I love beer! There are some low carb beers, but they don't taste all that great so I have switched to dry red wines and spirits when I want to have a drink, which now is not very often. The other thing abut switching to keto, is salt! You really have to up your salt intake otherwise you feel like crap and will have headaches. Don't forget additional potassium and magnesium, NOT Mag oxide, that stuff is crap and will give you the craps lol (I recommend mag citrate or glycinate 400mg before bed).

The other thing about keto is you need to be careful are what I like to call the "fat-pushers" Their answer to everything is add more fat. If you have a lot of bodyfat to lose, why would you want to eat so much fat. Don't be afraid of protein either, your body needs that. The more protein you eat, the fuller you will feel. You will here people mention gluconeogenesis. This is where the body breaks down protein into sugar for the body to use as fuel. This is a DEMAND driven process and it's "expensive" process for the body so really only does in starvation mode. Remember the keto ratios that most "guru's promote are those developed for children with epilepsy.

i have TON's more info if you are interested. I'm a huge fan of the keto diet and now, the carnivore diet. Good luck to the both of you!!! You guys can do this

-Leroy

8. Gnomeo0228

FANTASTIC!!!!!

9. Gnomeo0228

Those are my thoughts EXACTLY! Don't forget that smokiness too! But the dry-down is amazing

10. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

SOTD December 10, 2018

Prep: Cold water and Stirling mentholated pre-shave soap
    Blade: Schick
    Razor: Schick G1
    Brush: Ever Ready 100T restored badger
    Soap: Stirling Ozark Mountain

Easy shave with Ozark Mountain this morning. Love this scent as I've remarked previously. Clean and fresh and crisp. Morning air in the pine woods. Great scent for the holiday season.

SOTD 12-10-18.JPG

brit, ezlovan, Edison Carter and 9 others like this.
  11. Paul Turner

Another quality shave from the Barbershop soap. And this time I DID run the brush under hot water prior to loading. All this stuff I hear about using a hot-water towel over the face, prior to the shave-the popularity of that method-that's what I need to think about, as I get that brush soaked under the hot tap. . Everything must be HOT(or very warm, at least).

12. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I had such a great killer-cold shave from the Glacial Obsidian soap and balm. It felt heavenly!

13. Shadow Shaver

Yeah! My Stirling order is out for delivery. To top it all off, I had made two separate orders to my address and @ezlovan combined them and refunded one of the shipping costs! You won't get that great treatment from Amazon or Walmart. (Especially from all their 3rd party vendors.)

This may not seem like a big deal, but I never told all of you that my wife was fired for taking time off during my last hospitalization. A real kick in the pants over Thanksgiving. Rod and Mandy's random act of kindness means the world especially during this time. I will forever champion this amazing company!

14. Paul Turner

Maybe I should have brought out the Wintergreen to help "kill" MY "cold". I recall we talked about how those Glacials help in that regard.

15. Linuxguile

SOTD DEcember 10th
    [​IMG]

Stirling Mentholated Pre-Shave Soap
    Schick Krona
    Pol Silver SI (5)
    Paladin Winston Harlequin (26mm, Frigate Class)
    Stirling Deep Blue Sea soap and AS

The scent of Deep Blue Sea is amazing, nice modern cologne scent with a bit of floral in the opening and a slight woodsiness in the base. Scent strength is on the stronger end I'd say 7-8/10. I hope this one comes back as a regular lineup offering, its that good! Have a great day my friends!

brit, ezlovan, Edison Carter and 7 others like this.
  16. Paul Turner

I've been trying to contact the Boondome(in Booneville, AK)to see if they're open for the 2019 Stoylin Tony Awards Presentation. Backup location-my computer table (chuk yuk yuk).

:cool:

17. Shadow Shaver

Hope that you feel better very soon Paul!

18. Paul Turner

Thanks-I think I'm almost there. I've been to the gym a couple times recently, after missing about 4 sessions. Not at 100% with my workouts just yet, but at least I feel good enough trying.

19. Shadow Shaver

How is that Paladin? Very pretty. I wanted the King Tut but got beaten to the punch. After reading your review, I wish that I had gotten my father Deep Blue Sea. I bought him Kaboom just guessing. He likes strong scents.

20. Linuxguile

The Paladin is nice, I fell like what your really paying for is the handle. The knot is good, but it's not really any better then a Yaqi or Stirling two band.

brit, ezlovan, Edison Carter and 3 others like this.