The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Shadow Shaver

Shadow Shaver Well-Known Member

IMG_1845.jpg

Supa sweet! My delivery this afternoon has my living room smelling amazing. So grateful to be able to give these great products to family and friends. Plus I got Agar as a sample and it smells wonderful. I've had my eyes on it for a while.

Does anyone else look forward to seeing what you get for the sample? Sometimes that's the most exciting part for me! In this case it is definitely going to get me to buy a new product in future. Lol

2. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Yes, I always look forward to the samples. Unfortunately I didn't get one in my last order from Black Friday. But that's okay. I've been steered toward and away from scents from the samples. Electric Sheep is one example. I decided that was NOT a scent for me.

3. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Allah ikhalik ya akhi!

4. PLAla

Haverford soap and splash for me tomorrow with Tobacco Tuesday.

5. Latherin’ Luddite

Latherin’ Luddite Well-Known Member

My order shipped today! I’m leaving town for five days, so I should be getting home just ahead of my order. :)

6. PLAla

SOTD December 11, 2018

Prep: Cold water and Stirling mentholated pre-shave soap
    Blade: vintage Personna Ultra Chrome
    Razor: Schick I1
    Brush: Zenith B02 boar
    Soap: Stirling Haverford

Superb lather and wonderful scent this morning. Haverford is a unique soap in that the lather is not white but rather looks like melted chocolate ice cream or hot chocolate. But it's slick and comforting as are all Stirling lathers. Nice shave this morning and I'm smelling wonderful. Great scent. Enjoy your day!

SOTD 12-11-18.JPG

brit, Gnomeo0228, ezlovan and 10 others like this.
  7. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

Are you in USA? If so, I'm not an authority in this, but I thought that FLMA protected you from this type of thing.

Good luck.

8. cliffb599

cliffb599 Well-Known Member

Yea if you live in the USA.
    I’d Be All over that.
    Can someone say Lawyer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Shadow Shaver

Thank you gentlemen! I live in South Jersey. Unfortunately, for employers with less than 50 personnel they can get away with it here. There's a silver lining though, my amazing wife doesn't work for those abusive people anymore. I was an E-7 in the military and didn't yell at people half as much as those owners. That's just not how you motivate people to be truly great. Thankfully Stirling makes tremendous products at great prices that everyone just loves!

10. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

In modern times, your general attitude is quite refreshing! Keep looking up!

11. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Best of wishes for your wife and family!

12. Shadow Shaver

Thank you Brother! I have an incredible wife with two degrees that gave up a nursing career to take care of me and my disabilities. I honestly don't deserve her. Everyone should be as blessed. Merry Christmas all! (And any other holiday you may observe)

13. PLAla

SOTD December 12, 2018

Prep: Cold water and Stirling mentholated pre-shave soap
    Blade: vintage Personna twin
    Razor: Schick L1
    Brush: JR #60 synthetic
    Soap: Stirling Ozark Mountain

Back to Ozark Mountain for a wonderful shave. I'll use this soap a good bit this month. Wonderful scent and performance. Enjoy your day!

SOTD 12-12-18.JPG

brit, Gnomeo0228, Linuxguile and 6 others like this.
  14. ezlovan

ezlovan Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor

Have you been calling or emailing? I'm a bit spotty answering the phone right now. If I'm actively making soap, i just let it go to voicemail so I don't risk ruining a batch of soap by trying to do two things at once.

15. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Ahh, I was teasing, Rod :). I figured the Tonys should be announced from a large arena.

16. ezlovan

ezlovan Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    Ah, gotcha. I was hoping you were going to be making a trip down to visit!

17. Paul Turner

That would be some visit, that's for sure! I've become fascinated with just imagining all the work you do to make your soaps, aftershaves, etc.

18. Paul Turner

Pro-Handle brush up for tomorrow.

19. john zeiger

john zeiger Well-Known Member

I take it it is a Stoylin, right Paul? I just used my new Stoylin butterscotch handled badger this morning. It has really bloomed nicely through the conditioning process . It also really lathered up my soap nicely for me this morning. I'm thrilled with it. What a deal for about $20.00.

ezlovan, Shadow Shaver, PLAla and 4 others like this.
  20. Paul Turner

That it is I just didn't add the company as we're in the Exchange anyway. The one you have looks nice.