The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Today I learned that a 20-410 fine mist spray top will fit the Black Friday aftershave bottles.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

2. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Excellent!

3. FatherofSquirrel

FatherofSquirrel A right jolly old elf

Hmm. I love electric sheep. It is awesome.
    But yeah, it is a great way to check scents out.

I usually buy bath soaps to test if I can.

4. PLAla

SOTD December 13, 2018

Prep: Cold water and Stirling mentholated pre-shave soap
    Blade: GEM PTFE
    Razor: GEM Pushbutton
    Brush: Artisan badger
    Soap: Stirling Sharp Dressed Man

Terrific lather and finish from the Sharp Dressed Man scent. I need to get some Eskimo Tuxedo soap one day given how much I like menthol. Decent shave as the blade gave me a little trouble but the Stirling software was superb as usual.

Have a great day!

SOTD 12-13-18.JPG

5. Shadow Shaver

Shadow Shaver Well-Known Member

In full disclosure, I have not tried Electric Sheep. When I was 15 I worked at a department store in the lawn and garden section, I never much cared for the citronella candles. I must have been a mosquito in a past life. Lol

I agree with you about testing scents with bath soaps. I love my shave soap samples but I get to use the the bath soap more frequently and it is just wonderful for the skin. Amazing price point for some aroma therapy as well.

6. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

2 and 1/2 weeks to go before the 2019 Stoylin Tony Awards winner becomes known to the general public. For those of you who excel in the field of mathematicia, let's call it 2.5 weeks. Yes, 5/10th of a week. :)

7. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

What a great shave I had with the Frozen Tundra soap. Tons of rich, slick, icy-cold lather with that lovely peppermint/wintergreen/earthy scent.

8. Shadow Shaver

You are making me consider lemony orange tomorrow, it's been a few weeks. You, Perry, and Andrew are some of the main reasons for my finally jumping into the menthol pool. Paul made me nervous with his Yeeooooow comment! :rofl: Happy Hanukkah my friend and happy shaving all!

9. Paul Turner

This Paul?

10. Shadow Shaver

Hahaha, yes buddy, you Paul. I remember one of your old posts talking about your first menthol experiment and your reaction... hilarious. I know how much you like it now though. I'm glad that because of all of you I finally manned-up and tried it. I really enjoy menthol now.

11. PLAla

I was scared of menthol at first. Tried some Margaritas in the Arctic and thought it was a face freezer but continued to use it and began to enjoy the cooling tingle. Then I tried some glacial splash and it was all over. Now I have menthol crystals on hand to add to splashes that need more or don't have any cooling. Glacial Lemony Orange soap may have to appear soon on my end as well!

12. Shadow Shaver

Iced Pineapple was my 1st. Love the scent, wish it was a little cooler. I can't believe that the Den store is closed. I made my first purchase last month and ,once again thanks to Paul, I chose Russian leather. Excellent smell that my wife loves. I am remiss that I didn't buy more and some m-bomb. I will sulk when that one runs out!

13. Paul Turner

That's right. YEeeeoowwwwww was my first Stoylin Glacial reaction. But were you here for my first Gillette Foamy Menthol reaction, also?:

OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHH

14. Shadow Shaver

Lol! No Sir, I didn't know that. I never knew that Gillettte made menthol. I try to stay away from gillette's and barbasol now day. Nothing wrong with them, that's all I ever knew before traditional shaving. There's just a few ingredients that aren't so healthy for your skin and since I'm getting older I don't need any more help looking like Ol' leather face. Then my lovely wife might decide to trade me in for a prettier model!

15. Shadow Shaver

Hey Sir, my wife would like to know where to find those misters? She loves the idea for her rose aftershave. Very wise man!

16. Paul Turner

Oh, I dunno...leather's a nice fragrance. She doesn't care for it, eh?

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
    ezlovan, Frijolero, PLAla and 2 others like this.
  17. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

I got those on amazon a while back, unfortunately you have to buy them by the 12 pack. If I didn't just use all of mine I would send you one.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00Q3ZJX86/?tag=thshde-20

18. Shadow Shaver

Sorry that I made that confusing. Selena loves the smell of leather... just ask all her purses! I'm sure that she doesn't want my skin feeling like an old saddle to the touch though.

Thanks for the offer Andrew! No worries, I will make that happen for her as soon as I can. I appreciate the link.

19. john zeiger

john zeiger Well-Known Member

I know this wasn't directed to me but I'll throw my 2 cents worth in anyway. My wife likes the smell of leather on anything but me. I have one aftershave (not Stoylin) with a leather scent and she can't stand it when I wear it. So it doesn't get much use.

20. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Thanks buddy! :)