The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Uh, Ladies and Gentlemen-after a year of planning, thinking, deciding and choosing, we've reached the 1st Annual Stoylin Tony Awards. Yes, that's right, first annual. One of our many Stoylin fans, whose name(@john zeiger )I won't mention, got me into thinking about making this annual. I'd like to thank all Stoylin fans for your encouragement, suggestions, but most of all your patience, as we anticipated the arrival of this day. All 4 of my choices are here in the audience, waiting to see who pulls this baby off. Let's review how we got here:

In January, I chose our first nomination. By the way, let me quickly say that each nomination is one aftershave and one shave soap. Anyway, nomination #1 is:

Gentleman Aftershave
    Gentleman Soap.

Nomination #2, announced on July 4th, is:

Sharp Dressed Man Aftershave
    Naked&Smooth Soap.

Nomination #3, announced Labor Day, is:

Unscented Aftershave
    Sandpiper Soap.

Nominatin #4(announced on Thanksgiving)is:

Blu Aftershave
    Blu Soap.

First, I will announce the runner-up, following that up by a special announcement, then, assisted by a tape recording of a tympani to add to the excitement-we'll learn who is the Stoylin Annual Tony Award champion,

Our runner up choice is:

Nomination #2-Sharp Dressed Man Aftershave and Naked&Smooth Soap! A hearty congratulations, guys, and thanks to those who have used these products.

Now, the special announcement. While this event is open to all Stoylin products, of course, this will include all nominees who made it here today. Oh, the other announcement is that I will be purchasing the championship choice sometime this year. AND NOW(tympani roll for background)HERE IS YOUR CHAMPION FOR THE FIRST ANNUAL STOYLIN TONY AWARDS EVENT:

Nomination #3

Unscented Aftershave
    Sandpiper Soap. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We thank nominations #1 and #4 for participating. We may see you back again. With special thanks, naturally, to @ezlovan, and the entire crew at StoylinSoaps.

:)))))

2. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Well, well, well!

3. Paul Turner

That's right...now it's time to make choices for the 2020 Tonys :).

ezlovan, brit, Edison Carter and 5 others like this.
  4. john zeiger

john zeiger Well-Known Member

Great job Paul!! And Happy New Year to you and all who participate in this thread.

ezlovan, brit, Edison Carter and 3 others like this.
  5. Paul Turner

John it all came down to two factors- a soap match for the existing Sandpiper A.S., and a "neutral" A.S. for soaps I plan to buy this year from companies that don't have decent aftershaves.(Soap Exchange, Mystic Water 4 Men). And thanks for the compliment.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
  6. Paul Turner

Uh, Ladies and Gentlemen, here are the dates for the 2020 Stoylin Tony Award nominations:

Nomination #1-March 10(Daylight Saving Time Begins)
    Nomination #2-July 4th(Independence Day)
    Nomination #3-Labor Day(First Mon. in September, but we all knew that chuk-yuk)
    Nomnation #4-Thankgsgiving*

2020 Stoylin Tony Awards Event(Christmas**)

*-This will give me a month to decide on the runner-up&winner)

**-I'm choosing Christmas for this, so I can hurry up and get my order in to Doc Ezlovan before New Years, but this is IF I still feel positive about making a NB20 run.

ezlovan, brit, Edison Carter and 3 others like this.
  7. Shadow Shaver

Shadow Shaver Well-Known Member

Bravo, Bravo! Great choices all around. My money was on Blu but I know how much you like Sandpiper. You bring up a good point about the aftershave, I might pick some up.

ezlovan, PLAla, Frijolero and 3 others like this.
  8. chevyguy

chevyguy Well-Known Member

Sandpiper is my favorite followed closely by Stirling Spice. My 3rd favorite would be Stirling Green. I'm hoping Stirling Green is going to be made available year round.

Clayton

Sent from my LG-K450 using Tapatalk

ezlovan, PLAla, Frijolero and 4 others like this.
  9. Paul Turner

Well, of course Blu can get a nomination this year, too.

10. Paul Turner

I have Spice AS&Soap. It comes pretty close to Shulton's original, I do say. Commercial-wise, I'd say Sandpiper is the "Aqua Velva" of Stoylin...every time I use it, I say there's "something about" that scent!!!

Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
  11. chevyguy

Yes it does, I have the soap. I need to get a bottle of the aftershave since my samples are just about gone and all I have after that is the reformulated P&G version.

Clayton

ezlovan, Gnomeo0228, PLAla and 4 others like this.
  12. john zeiger

I got Sandpiper sitting right at the top of my "to buy" list. Just waiting for my next moment of weakness (2019 is suppose to be N/B year for me - we'll see how long that lasts :)).

ezlovan, PLAla, Frijolero and 2 others like this.
  13. Paul Turner

I call P&G version "New Spice". Stoylin's brings me back to "Old"(which it's been called since 1938-do your history).

ezlovan, Gnomeo0228, PLAla and 4 others like this.
  14. chevyguy

John, you could always just buy samples of the soap and aftershave.

Clayton

ezlovan, PLAla, john zeiger and 2 others like this.
  15. Paul Turner

You already have a Sandpiper of some kind, though, right?

16. chevyguy

P&G's version isn't bad but it definitely isn't the original.

Clayton

17. Paul Turner

I feel a little better about the P&G version once they got rid of that dumb "Smellmitment" and changed to "Smell Like A Man", but still I want to get a brand that closely resembles Shulton, which is why I may repeat my Stoylin Spice purchase when it runs out.

ezlovan, PLAla, Edison Carter and 3 others like this.
  18. chevyguy

I'm going to use my Stirling Spice Soap and Aftershave this afternoon, and I will be buying more. Gonna buy the bath soap too.

Clayton

ezlovan, PLAla, Edison Carter and 4 others like this.
  19. john zeiger

Paul (good memory) and Clayton, I do have samples of Sandpiper soap and A/S which I haven't used yet but that won't get me through the whole year - though you can get a lot of shaves out of one of Stoylin's soap samples - and I do have their Unscented Aftershave. Maybe I can do this N/B thing.

20. Paul Turner

Good luck on it(the NB19) :).