The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Ready to go tomorrow with the Sandpiper Soap&A.S. combo :). Used the Pro-Handle brush for today's shave.

2. john zeiger

john zeiger Well-Known Member

Paul, I'd be curious as to what you think of Sandpiper.

3. Paul Turner

Well, looking in at it, it has the same "tunafish" look that the Barbershop had(and I suppose Spice, too). But Doc Ezlovan calmed me down(when I called him upon getting the Barbershop)and said, Ah just work with it and you'll be OK. I did and was. But yes, I'll let you know how the Sandpiper goes tomorrow.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
  4. Shadow Shaver

Shadow Shaver Well-Known Member

Glad to hear that you like the scent of Baker Street. Anxiously awaiting to see if it makes the list of your nominees.

5. john zeiger

Thanks much Paul.

6. Paul Turner

It's a long year-plenty of thinking to sort out. Each choice is tough to make :).

7. Paul Turner

That's a ddifferent look on the Barbershop cap. Mine is green.

8. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

That's a sample tin, Paul. I don't have the full size tub.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

9. Paul Turner

Oh, the SAMPLE. Got ya.

10. Shadow Shaver

Shadow Shaver Well-Known Member

Excellent shave with Deep Blue Sea today. Absolutely wonderful conglomerate of smells that make one great scent. The soap is fairly light though so it would definitely be good for a work place. I am going to have to buy the AS to see if that boosts the strength a little. The whole family liked it, especially the wife. (Same great performance) I have never smelled the Chanel, but I highly recommend Deep Blue Sea! I hope that it comes out as an EDT and permanent bath soap.

11. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

A Stirling shave to start the day! [​IMG]

12. Paul Turner

Opening shave of the Sandpiper Soap&A.S. went real well. Dolphin fine/smooth skin, albeit a jaw weeper. I should have used a little more of the A.S., though. Will do tomorrow. It's a great scent, along with the solid smoothness&slickness we get from Stoylin.

13. john zeiger

Thank you for the review Paul.

14. Paul Turner

You're welcome John. I suppose it didn't go in to real shave specifics, and of course I already have the aftershave, but I'll just add here part of what I wrote on the website review page-that there's serious sophistication in this one(I apologized to Doc Ezlovan for "borrowing" part of his own description-he uses the "sophistication" word, too). Y'know, as I think about which Stoylin soaps/A.S. I'd like to buy again, Sandpiper is one of them. I'll probably add to that list later on.

15. john zeiger

Sandpiper is number one on my list when I start buying again:). I appreciate your thoughts on it. I do have a sample of Sandpiper soap and aftershave but haven't used them yet.

16. john zeiger

That is a very nice looking razor. I'm wondering what it is and what you think about it?

17. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

The razor is a Blackland Sabre Level 2 Gem SE razor. I picked it up during their black Friday sale.First shave with it was pretty rough. I got some good advice about Gem blades from @clint64 about palm stropping before their first use, since then the shaves have gotten better and better. This morning was three pass BBS with totally silent alum.

18. john zeiger

Thank you much. I haven't had very good experiences with GEM style razors unfortunately.

19. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

I was questioning my purchase at first but now that I have it dialed in I love it. I would buy it again.

20. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

January 24th
    Razor: Blackland Sabre L2
    Blade: Gem PTFE (6)
    Brush: PAA Starcraft
    Pre-shave: Stirling Mentholated
    Soap: Stirling Bergamot Lavender
    Stirling Bergamot Lavender witch hazel
    PAA Star Jelly unscented
    AS: Stirling Bergamot Lavender
    [​IMG]

brit, ezlovan, Gnomeo0228 and 7 others like this.