The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

That acccoustical guitarist knows his stuff, doesn't he? (But I like his work better with Love's Been A Little Bit Haaaaaard On Me -not that I don't like it in Q of H, of course).

Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
    Yehuda D, ezlovan, brit and 5 others like this.
  2. ezlovan

ezlovan Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    He does. He's a goofy looking fella, but then who wasn't in 1981?

3. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

Dunshire yesterday. As always wonderful.

Shaved w/Glacial Black Cherry, Deep Blue Sea A/S today.

Really liking DBS!

4. brit

brit in a box

want the dunshire to pair with my acqua di gio set..

5. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

Aquia Di Gio would be the inspiration.

ezlovan, john zeiger, PLAla and 2 others like this.
  6. Shadow Shaver

Shadow Shaver Well-Known Member

I don't know why, but I like Dunshire even better than Acqua di Gio. I've worn Acqua for over 2 decades and love it, but there's just something special about Dunshire that keeps you coming back for more. Great all year round even with the bright citrus notes.

7. brit

brit in a box

yes sir ,decades old acqua fan here.. didn't think there was a shave soap around that was similar.. just heard about this ..

8. Shadow Shaver

Screenshot_20190226-115252_Samsung Internet.jpg

Supa sweeeeeet, my Stoylin order is on the way! Can't wait to smell all the new scents.

Gnomeo0228, ezlovan, Hammer8 and 8 others like this.
  9. Paul Turner

good sample choices.

10. Paul Turner

Remind me to acknowledge you on 1-1-20 at the Stoylin 2020 Tony Awards Winner&Runner-up announcement, for having the biggest order I've ever seen to date.

11. Shadow Shaver

Thanks Paul. I haven't had the pleasure of trying Gentleman or Hipster. With everyone's comments I just had to try them out.

12. Paul Turner

Well, I was goofy-looking that year as I tossed my graduation cap(from college) into the air, looking just like him, with sunglasses. But as the cap returned to earth, I returned to mature manhood :).

13. Paul Turner

I liked Gentleman a lot, and I'm putting Hipster on hold due to a potential health concern(as it contains grapefruit among its other ingredients).

14. Paul Turner

I should add though(and @john zeiger knows this)that Gentleman came in second to Sandpiper during my first sample set.

15. Shadow Shaver

For you Paul doesn't everything fall short of Sandpiper? ;) Not that I blame you one bit. Stirling..."Something for everyone. "

16. Paul Turner

At this writing, perhaps it does :). I do love it. I have my eye on some others as well, but we'll see if they get chosen as Tony nominees :). Already I'm thinking this year's Tonys will be tougher than last year.

17. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

Perhaps you could come up with a category for each quarter like “best new soap”, “best cologne profile”, “most novel scent” etc and then have the “best overall” be your final quarterly pick. Just an idea.

18. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

February 27th
    Razor: Timeless .95 SC
    Blade: Gillette 7:0Clock Super Stainless (3)
    Brush: SOC badger
    Pre-shave: Stirling Mentholated
    Soap: Stirling Bay Rum
    Stirling Bay Rum witch hazel
    PAA Star Jelly unscented
    AS: Stirling Bay Rum

Wonderful start to the day! [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

19. Paul Turner

I appreciate your idea and help, Randy....I'm sure there will be some time this year to ponder changes, if any, for the 2021 Stoylin Tonys.

20. Shadow Shaver

Beautiful Timeless @jluc! How does that .95 feel? I have a plaid handle and have been debating on which plate to get. I was leaning toward the .68 for a milder shave for my skin but was wondering if it would be too mild?