The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Stoylin Pro-Handle brush goes to work for me tomorrow-otherwise, same shave as today.

Gnomeo0228, ezlovan, Hammer8 and 4 others like this.
  2. RyX

RyX DoH!

3. chevyguy

chevyguy Well-Known Member

My order of two Lime sample pucks, and a bottle of the Lime Mentholated Aftershave Splash ought to be delivered today. I'm going to cut the pucks in half and go 50/50 with my Lemon Chill sample pucks. Lemon/Lime is a favorite shaving scent for me, and is what my dad started me out with when he tought me how to shave with his 1955 Gillette Flare Tip back in the late seventies.

Clayton

Sent from my LG-K450 using Tapatalk

ezlovan, Linuxguile, brit and 7 others like this.
  4. Paul Turner

My Aftershave Sample Set just arrived! I just took quick sniffs of each aftershave. I'm hoping to eventually get a good match for my The Soap Exchange soap(Lumberjack). For that one, I would expect Agar to be the winner. As we know, Agar is Nomination #1 in the 2020 Stoylin Tonys. But I think I-The Mad Scientist Of Wet Shaving(or whatever I called myself as I was getting into the wet shaving "groove")will experiment with Scots Pine for the Lumberjack, too. I badly need an aftershave to go along with that. I was always a fan of Drakkar Noir, and felt it was time to try the Stoylin version. Pretty close to what I recall. Deep Blue Sea is a great one, too. I don't have a matching soap for those 2, thus I'll just have to try them with Barbasol. I look forward to getting started with these, even if the results force me to make a slight rule change for the Tonys. But in the world of wet-shaving, mind-changing is something that happens a lot, isn't it? We shall see. Oh, I forgot...Doc Ezlovan tossed in a sample soap bar-Island Man. I like that one!!

Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
    Gnomeo0228, ezlovan, ob1page and 7 others like this.
  5. brit

brit in a box

very cool..

6. Michiganrob

Michiganrob New Member

With the announced hiatus of Glastonbury and Port au Prince, I am curious to know if they will be replaced with new mutton tallow varieties. Love all my Stirling soaps, and I have a bunch of them, but that mutton tallow lather is really special for me.

Gnomeo0228, ezlovan, Yehuda D and 7 others like this.
  7. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

Stirling mutton tallow suds rock!

ezlovan, brit, Linuxguile and 4 others like this.
  8. chevyguy

An Aramis version would be awesome.

Clayton

9. chevyguy

On deck for this mornings shave after I have some more caffeine infusion. I haven't used my Red Tip in over a year, hopefully I will still know how to use it without blood loss. I think I'll load it with a Spoiler. The brush is my JR-338 with a Maggard's 70/30 Badger/Boar Knot set in it.

Clayton[​IMG]

Gnomeo0228, ezlovan, Yehuda D and 9 others like this.
  10. Paul Turner

They happen right away...like you've had 30 shaves with 'em, when in fact it's just been 2 or 3.

11. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

PaP and Glastonbury are both in mutton tallow right now.

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

12. Paul Turner

I'd like a Kenneth Cole dupe. Another fragrance I sniffed for free(inside a Men's Health Magazine). Liked it very much. He has a new one out-MANKIND.

13. brit

brit in a box

want to try one.. will order soon..

14. Michiganrob

Michiganrob New Member

Arkadia or Dunshire in mutton tallow......bestill my heart!!!

15. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Broke down and hit the "Purchase" button.
    Screen Shot 2019-03-31 at 17.53.16.png

ob1page, Gnomeo0228, ezlovan and 8 others like this.
  16. chevyguy

Way to go Primo. I did the same with the Lime Shave Soap, and aftershave last Sunday. Didn't need it but glad I got it.

Clayton

ob1page, ezlovan, Linuxguile and 4 others like this.
  17. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I think Glastonbury is now a favorite of mine. I ordered the sample size. I might have to get the full size cake. Maybe even the aftershave. The scent mixes well with a cigar too.

ob1page, ezlovan, Linuxguile and 5 others like this.
  18. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    MOS DEF did not need this soap either, Clayton.

ob1page, ezlovan, Linuxguile and 3 others like this.
  19. brit

brit in a box

does stirling make a shave soap scented like mont blanc legend?

20. oldcars

oldcars Member

Do you get 5.8 ounces of soap or does that weight include the tub and cap?