The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Now Rod, while Satsuma is a great scent, it is no replacement for Glacial Lemony Orange! You have a whole bunch of people here that are hooked on it, thanks to Jared!

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

2. ezlovan

ezlovan Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    That's the only new Glacial this year. I need to replace Wintergreen and Spearmint with new scents next year, though.

Yehuda D, Trigger, Frijolero and 7 others like this.
  3. brit

brit in a box

awesome sir you are #8000..cool vid..

4. Killerflyingbugs

Killerflyingbugs Well-Known Member

@ezlovan, when are you bringing back the deodorant?

ezlovan, Trigger, Frijolero and 5 others like this.
  5. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Great video as always, and congrats to Ms. 0228 for her citizenship. I remember on an Election Day of a few years ago, telling a foreigner who lives in my bldg., "Don't forget to vote today" and she said "I can't, I'm not an American citizen".(I had thought she became one) About the shave, do you find it any easier to load the brush holding the soap from the side? I've never tried that.

6. Linuxguile

SOTD April 19
    [​IMG]

Pre-Shave: Stirling Mentholated Pre-Shave Soap
    Razor: Schick Injector GREAT
    Blade: previously used unknown brand blade
    Brush: Yaqi Mysterious Space (24mm, Frigate Class)
    Soap: Stirling Glacial Lemony Orange
    AS: Stirling Glacial Lemon Chill PSB
    AS: Stirling Glacial Lemony Orange AS

7. Gnomeo0228

Gnomeo0228 Well-Known Member

I really do like this scent, lol. Even my wife liked it which is always a bonus, haha! YMMV is an understatement in this hobby and I can understand why some don't like it. What's the "30 DC" group? I'll check it out

8. Gnomeo0228

Thank you very much! My wife is super happy right now hehe. We can't wait for her to a US passport. She hasn't been ab;e to cime with me on some of my trips due to visa restrictions. NO more! lol
    I was just holding the soap like that to show on camera lol!

9. Gnomeo0228

THIS!!!! lol

10. Gnomeo0228

This is VERY interesting! I thought these 2 were staples

11. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Oh gosh!!!!!

I’ll miss those!!!!!

12. Gnomeo0228

What will the replacements be?

13. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

@Gnomeo0228, The 30 Day Rule/Focus Group on TSD is a forum where each month a new rule or focus comes into play to improve one's technique. This month was Arko/Adjustable April. The rule or focus was to use Arko or any adjustable in your den or both. Now, the theme is just a suggestion. You can make up your own rule or focus, but if you do, then you should commit to it for the month. However, this is not written in stone. You can do whatever you want, it is your shave! We have men who mainly use safeties, single edge and straights with different levels of experiences ranging from newbies to veterans. We are here to share info and encourage one another so that everyone improves their technique, discover new products, etc. To find us on TSD, go under forums and find April 2019 30 day Focus/Rule. One more thing, you can come and go as you please, but you will find that we are a great bunch of guys.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
  14. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

Congrats!

15. Paul Turner

Uh Ladies&Gentlemen:

Just a friendly reminder that the two choices I make for a Stoylin Tony Award nomination could be ANY combination-that is, not just soap&A.S. I believe I made this announcement during the initial Tonys last year, but I just wanted to bring it up again. See ya May 1 for Nomnation #2. :).

16. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

First use of Deep Blue Sea this morning. What a great scent! Performance was outstanding as expected.

SOTD 4-20-19.jpg

17. Linuxguile

Congrats Perry! Now you see why I spoke so highly of DBS!

18. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Amen, Andrew! Terrific scent!!

19. Paul Turner

I called an audible at my Sink Line Of Scrimmage this morning and went with the DBS sampler. It's a nice one all right.

20. Paul Turner

I haven't heard from @john zeiger in a long time. Hope he's OK.