The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. john zeiger

john zeiger Well-Known Member

Was using Stirling before Paul Turner led me to this thread. Because of this thread I've upped my usage of Stirling. And, my use of the menthol soaps is strictly because of this thread.

2. chevyguy

chevyguy Well-Known Member

I remember when in the early eighties it was a Trac-II,boar brush, and Vintage Williams. It did get boring. I'ed rotate in Col. Conk, or Barbasol SC to keep things interesting. Even made a good lather with Dove bar soap. Used what you could find at the local store, no internet.

Clayton

Sent from my LG-K450 using Tapatalk

3. chevyguy

chevyguy Well-Known Member

I have been one of their customers since the Spring of 2013. This thread really drew me back in to using Stirling 90% of the time.

Clayton

Sent from my LG-K450 using Tapatalk

4. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

yuh LADIES AND GENTLEMEN:

At this date, we've reached the now famous "2 Week Warning" for the next edition of the 2020 Stoylin Tony Awards nominations. Course a fortnight goes by real fast in here. It shall be noted that the next nomination date will be at the beginning of "Stoylin September", which makes this particular choice date all the more fun. Not to mention special, which I just did lol. Let's all have a good 2 weeks-Labor Day is right around the corner!

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
  5. Paul Turner

I might have purchased a Stoylin prior to the ground breaking of this thread. Hard to remember. I think @Yehuda D talked me into my first one(Barbershop shave soap), then I saw this begin.

6. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

August 19, 2019

1968 Gillette N-2 Slim Adjustable
    Polsilver Super Iridium
    Simpson Chubby 2 Synthetic
    Stirling Iced Pineapple Soap and Aftershave
    Stirling Black Ice Witch Hazel & Aloe

[​IMG]

7. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Your out of the will.....:cool::D

8. brit

brit in a box

:eatdrink047:hope you are doing well sir..

ezlovan, john zeiger and Frijolero like this.
  9. brit

brit in a box

stirling lemon chill.. 20190819_175310 (2).jpg

10. brit

brit in a box

my family has told me that on many occasions sir..:D

Frijolero, wchnu, ezlovan and 2 others like this.
  11. Paul Turner

Yuh LADIES AND GENTLEMEN:

It has been brought to my attention-by me, lol-that I should give more respect to the "Runner-Up" on Stoylin Tony Awards Finals Day. As we recall, I decided on a Runner-up" as well as the Winner, in last year's Finals Day.(Course that was the first Tony). Therefore, as of the next Finals Day, I will commit to purchasing the Runner-up at some point of next year, whereas the Winner will be purchased immediately. Thank you-and be happy with your Stoylins, current&future :).

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
    Frijolero, ezlovan, brit and 4 others like this.
  12. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

August 20, 2019

1970 Gillette P-4 Super Adjustable
    Polsilver Super Iridium
    Paladin Round Table LE
    Stirling Soap Co. Obsidian, Black Ice Witch Hazel & Aloe
    Barrister and Mann Arctique

[​IMG]

13. Paul Turner

I've moved the Xecutive Man soap to the soap-holder at my sink.

14. Paul Turner

I know this general subject has been touched upon before, but the latest review of Xecutive Man Shave Soap(by "CP") ...well, I'll just say-is not nice. He loves the soap, but frankly I am quite disturbed by the way he says so. Well....we do have freedom of speech, I suppose. :-(.

15. Paul Turner

John, how did you hear about Stoylin before the thread? Course it was the same with me, but I'm interested as to what got you on the "Stoylin Train"?

16. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

It was a positive review but way over the top. Grow up people. Anyways I reported it as being inappropriate.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

17. Paul Turner

Will do the same....I didn't know we could report reviews there.

18. Paul Turner

And there it is. Done.

19. john zeiger

john zeiger Well-Known Member

I saw it used and reviewed on a couple of shave You Tube videos (Nick Shaves and Ruds Shave) Both Nick and Ruds were very complimentary of Stirling Soaps and After Shaves. Both advised that Stoylin Soaps and A/S were the best you could get for the money. So I bought a couple (Executive Man and Unscented with Beeswax) and IMO both Nick and Ruds were right on. I certainly haven't tried all of the various product that is out there but I have tried quite afew :) and for my money, Stoylin is the best for anything even close to the price, not to mention their fabulous service. That and of course this thread are why I'm such a big Stoylin fan.

20. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Call me crazy, but I was perusing the Stirling site and saw that Glastonbury is back and...well, I am going to try it for a THIRD time. :scared011: