The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Crazy ...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

2. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    :D

3. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I don't know about calling him crazy, but I'll gladly call him a taxi. "Joseph, you're a taxi".

4. Paul Turner

Y'know the first time I read Joseph's Glastonbury post, I had to ask muhself, "Does he mean he tried twice before to order Glastonbury and for whatever reason failed to get it both times, or did he have Glastonbury twice before and liked it enough to get it for a 3rd time?"

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
  5. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

I think he tried it twice before and wasn't quite pleased with it and sold it both times. So now he is trying it for a third time. Crazy ...

6. Paul Turner

Oh OK. Yes, I;'d say the C word suffices here. Up to now, I can't imagine going for the same product I just sold(or flipped as has been my case with most products I didn't like). That's why I'm really trying to focus on buying products I know I will like and sticking with them to the end. It's a little different with some of those that have been PIFed my way....some have been flipped(sorry fellas, but thanks for allowing me to experience them).

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
  7. Paul Turner

I should add @Linuxguile, I still have your two Stoylins.

8. Paul Turner

Blood on Steel set for tomorrow....:)

9. john zeiger

john zeiger Well-Known Member

Alright! Great Stuff!

ezlovan and Frijolero like this.
  10. Paul Turner

It looks a little odd-like crunched up tunafish. Y'know, the Barbershop soap looked like that too, and I actually called Doc Ezlovan about it. He said "ahhh, that's normal, just dive right in"(and went on to explain why it looks like that). . I dove right in and the rest is history. That's what I'll do tomorrow with bOs

Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
    ezlovan, Frijolero, ghostlife and 3 others like this.
  11. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Healthy...fat..happy..and sassy.

12. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

Me too!

How can I not participate in the projected next Big Winner of the Stoylin/Turner Awards!

13. Paul Turner

Can't make a projection yet, but I like the new name for the awards :). Having said that, I'll stick with Tony, though, until they have a "Turner" award in the fine arts area. Then I'll make the switch faster than you can say "uh". :).

14. Paul Turner

Well, the first BoS shave is in the books. Did its usual Stoylin clean fresh job. I would have to say the scent is "different" than most others I've tried. I think I came on too hard with the aftershave, thus it took time to blend in and give me smoothness. But I think that's happened with other Stoylin aftershaves, also. I was VERY impressed with the feel of the shave-like I was shaving ice. Razor "moved right along" at a nice clip. Glad to have BoS.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
  15. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I’m trying to decide what to use for my Menthol Monday shave tomorrow between:

Glacial Lemon Chill
    Glacial Black Cherry
    Glacial Spearmint

Any recommendations?

16. Paul Turner

Lemon Chill, so you can prepare me for my purchase of same for next summer. I think that hand-soap freezer I had a month or so ago had a Spearmint scent.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
  17. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

The best selection is.........

............ Yes!

18. brit

brit in a box

i only have the lemon but it's fantastic..:)

19. john zeiger

Paul, maybe next time you use BoS you should plan a trip to the Piggly Wiggly and see what the ladies think? You might be pleasantly surprised:) I know I don't count but I definitely think BoS os Stoylin Tony material.

ezlovan, Edison Carter, PLAla and 3 others like this.
  20. john zeiger

I too am looking for Glacial for next summer and I was also thinking of Lemon Chill along with a couple others.