The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Yes, of Polo Green cologne.

2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I was able to get a free sampling of I think all Polo colored colognes from my Men's Health Magazine(it would have a page where you can sniff them). I liked them.

3. Paul Turner

I have yet to try the Gentleman aftershave. Will get going with it next week. Already, just by a few sniffs, I can tell I'm going to enjoy it.

4. brit

brit in a box

gentleman aftershave is fantastic,and long lasting..nature of the scent probably..

5. Dirtfarmer

Dirtfarmer Well-Known Member

I got a 4 samples in today of soaps and splashes and guess what, I'm thinking Executive Man may have slipped down a spot. Deep Blue Sea is amazing and it's something I've smelled before but can't put my finger on. It takes me way back to my Navy days. I got Deep Blue Sea, Baker Street, Mountain Man and Gatlinburg. All great smelling but DBS was an instant WOW. First thought was kinda like Grey Flannel but more something else like a soap or something. I don't know but it's now #1 on my list. The company is awsome as well but we all knew that.

6. brit

brit in a box

deep blue sea is is tied for my top scented stirling soap,with sandpiper..

7. Dirtfarmer

Dirtfarmer Well-Known Member

I haven't tried the Sandpiper. Yet. LOL. I don't usually get all fanboy about much but this company is putting out great products and have wonderful little things like writing a note on the packing list, the free sample of different hand soaps or returning an email promptly that just impresses me. In this day it means a lot.

8. brit

brit in a box

i agree.one of my favorite companies for soaps and aftershaves..i have only purchased once directly due to my location,thankful they are available here..i get to purchase and use the aftershaves..

9. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

I used Tobacco Oud bath soap today for the first time. It was a Black Friday item. Reminded me of Gentleman a lot, but more subtle.

10. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Friday’s freeze:

Stirling Mentholated Pre-Shave Soap
    Razorock Plissoft 26mm Monster
    Junjie/Derby day 5
    Stirling Glacial Wintergreen SS
    Stirling Glacial Wintergreen ASB
    Stirling Glacial Wintergreen WH

Only a hopelessly addicted menthol monkey like myself can choose a setup like this when it’s -19 Celsius outside but it is what is and I am what I am. What a great shave this was!

Enjoy your weekend![​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Paul Turner

Which Glacial did you use on New Year's Day? :)

12. Paul Turner

I'd like to see that one return as a regular one(T. Oud), but it would probably compete with Agar.

13. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I believe it was Black Cherry. :)

14. Paul Turner

I'll have to read about that one.

15. timabababaluka

timabababaluka No exceptions. Except.....

No, it's a guy from a series of beer commercials, I believe. One thing I do know, though: I'm going to be humming "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" for most of the weekend now :rofl:

16. timabababaluka

Awesome! Great scent. Can't wait to hear your thoughts. :D

john zeiger, ezlovan and Frijolero like this.
  17. timabababaluka

You may laugh, but one of the factors that drew me to this forum as opposed to some of the others was... "The Stirling Exchange." No joke. :)

18. timabababaluka

Looks fantastic! :D

19. Paul Turner

How about something more mellow? Your humming will have to make a crescendo throughout the Edmund song.

john zeiger, ezlovan and Frijolero like this.
  20. timabababaluka