The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Well, I'm glad I caught myself before doing a review on the Spice aftershave. I began to set it up, then thought to go through them to make sure I didn't do one earlier. BREAKING NEWS-I DID ONE EARLIER. :).

2. Paul Turner

Good one.

3. Paul Turner

Ehhhh LADIES and uh GENTLEMEN: We've reached the two-week warning period for the first of 6 2021 Stoylin Tony Awards Nomination Days. . Gonna be another fun year.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
  4. Latherin’ Luddite

Latherin’ Luddite Well-Known Member

I don’t normally get fanboy about anything either (except Filson before the hipster takeover), but I discovered Stirling through this website and after repeated samples and orders that never ceased to impress, I’m now an unapologetic huge fan and uncompensated salesman. Great products sell themselves, and Stirling does it easily.

5. Paul Turner

Filson hats???

6. Paul Turner

Well, it's on :). Doc Ezlovan has this in a tiny pour-hole(whatever you call that)so as not much will get out. I suppose that is wise, as a little does appear to go along with it, similar to Spice. Pleasant scent indeed! I might use a TINY bit more tomorrow. As the day goes along, I'll see how long the scent lasts. I am reminded of how Gentleman made it to #2, past Xecutive Man and Sharp Dressed Man in the first sample set I bought.

7. timabababaluka

timabababaluka No exceptions. Except.....

Executive and Sharp Dressed are some pretty stiff competition (I really liked them both), but I agree with your assessment; Gentleman edged its way past those two scents for me as well :)

john zeiger, Frijolero and ezlovan like this.
  8. Paul Turner

I'm not saying X-Man and SD-Man are bad, they just didn't satisfy me much. Perhaps the fault is on me-I porobably expected way better and thus was disappointed.

9. Latherin’ Luddite

Latherin’ Luddite Well-Known Member

Yeah I’ve got a pile of hats! But even more coats and sweaters. I’m someone who gets excited to see summer in the rear view mirror and the temperatures dropping.

At least 20 yrs ago I started viewing Grumpy Old Men as a fantasy rather than a comedy.

10. Paul Turner

Next Stoylin soap off the Lazy Susan-BoS. Ya happy, Mr. Cawtuh, and @john zeiger ? :).

11. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

I'll go BoS 2019 Tsuka to celebrate

12. Paul Turner

Just to clarify-when I say "off the Lazy Susan", I meant that I just took the next soap off to be ready for tomorrow....BoS is "on deck".

13. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

SOTD January 21st
    [​IMG]

Stirling Mentholated Pre-Shave Soap
    RazoRock SS Hawk V1
    Schick Proline P-30
    Oumo Titan (30mm, Cruiser Class)
    Stirling Autumn Glory soap
    Myrsol Limon AS

Stirling samples sure last a long time!

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

14. john zeiger

john zeiger Well-Known Member

Me too. I really love the scent ( even the cedar note). May have to pick up the EDT if it is still available.

15. Paul Turner

Great brush, Andrew. As for Stoylin samples, I found I could only get 2-3 shaves from the aftershaves, and I have yet to order a soap.

16. john zeiger

john zeiger Well-Known Member

The soap samples are great. A full 1 ounce per sample. You'll get a lot of shaves out of those Paul.

17. Paul Turner

I still haven't "mastered the art" of soap samples. You scoop it out with a small spoon(or teaspoon)and put it into a cup or bowl, right? I have seen videos showing that just a little soap can turn into a lot. I'm amazed by that.

18. Dirtfarmer

Dirtfarmer Well-Known Member

I just put the samples in Tupperware bowls from the Dollar General Store. They are the perfect size and are stackable plus the sample label peels off the puck and fit perfectly on the lid of the bowl.

19. Linuxguile

You must like to "lay them on heavy", Paul! I'm pretty much done with samples. I figure if I don't like the scent enough to keep it around, which is rare, I can find someone here willing to take it off my hands.

20. Linuxguile

You can buy an empty soap tubs and then just put the sample puck in it and use it till it's gone.