The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

What is the reason for having to send them back, Leroy?

2. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

March 26th
    Razor: HomeLike CT☆PT .90 OC
    Blade: Astra SP (2)
    Brush: 30DC Meet Up brush
    Pre-shave: PAA The Cube
    Soap: Stirling BOS
    PAA Galactic witch hazel
    Stirling mentholated balm
    AS: Stirling BOS

Good morning

[​IMG]

3. timabababaluka

timabababaluka No exceptions. Except.....

Awe-SOME! :D

4. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Thanks!

5. Gnomeo0228

Gnomeo0228 Well-Known Member

Rod just let me take them for a test drive. They belong to him.

6. Paul Turner

Ohhhh ok.....nice of the Doc. "Sample Razors, eh?

7. Gnomeo0228

Nice isn't strong enough lol!

8. Paul Turner

:)...Y'know, sometimes I chuckle as I'm shaving..in a video all I would have to do is just that to say, like Chris Bailey does for Fine..."Get it". Let's see, the chuckles are quite present with Sandpiper, Spice(which is coming up next by the way), and I believe it happened with Ramblin' Man, too.

9. Paul Turner

@john zeiger , I see you gave me a like on my Sample Razor comment. That'd be weird to see a "set" of those (They're tiny, but they still do the job!!!).

10. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

Y
    The trick is to use enough stuff that they can still smell you at 2 meters.

11. Edison Carter

No shame in that sista!

12. timabababaluka

Oh, she's shameless :happy102:

13. McCrae

McCrae Well-Known Member

Anyone here every have a negative skin reaction to a stirling aftershave splash?

Just recently used the Island Man splash for the firet time and it made my face turn red and burn for 10 mins. I used the soap as well and had no effects (smells amazing btw).
    I own several stirling soaps but this is my first splash from them, im thinking i might be allregic to the hydrovance..

14. Paul Turner

Last year I had a bad reaction to Spice, but I'm settling down somewhat as I now use it. Hard to describe the feeling other than to say that as much as I love the scent, I shouldn't use it that often.

15. timabababaluka

Yep. Both Baker Street and Tsuka would give me a slow burn. No discoloration, but the burn would last throughout the day. I eventually had to send them on to others. Too bad--they were both great scents. I wonder if it's the bergamot that's getting me?

16. ezlovan

ezlovan Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    It's likely the fragrance blend used for the Island Man. It's pretty strong in the aftershave. If anyone else ends up having any issues, I may drop the concentration slightly. Fragrance and essential oils aren't a perfect science, as what works for one person's skin may not for another. Black Cherry and Almond Creme aftershaves (cherry scented aftershaves in general) light my face on fire. But I've got no issues with Sharp Dressed Man and Sandalwood, which are the two that cause the most issues.

17. jayjacque

jayjacque Well-Known Member

Thanks for the explanation Rod. Now that I've got 8 or 9 of Stirling splash A/S I noticed a little more burn on some than on others. Haven't kept track of which ones exactly, as the burn doesn't last real long for me. And if it hits too hard I'll put a little unscented post shave balm on to lessen.

18. jayjacque

jayjacque Well-Known Member

Too funny. But now my wife is working from home every day as well, and she doesn't like strong smells. So I've got to keep my distance, dodging in and out of rooms the first hour and a half after I shave. It's like something out of a spy movie.

19. Edison Carter

Are you chasing...... Or being chased?
    :cool:

20. Gnomeo0228

ahahahaha!!!!