The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. falconhal

falconhal Active Member

What is everyone's experience with the Stirling Edts? I have been ordering a/s splash samples and trying different scents, I tend to forget they have the edt sample sizes as well. Any one have a favorite edt/splash pairing?

2. fhalden

fhalden Member

Tonight was my first use of a Stirling soap. I bought 8 last month, but had some other stuff lined up. I started off with Gatlinburg, in honor of the city in Tennessee near where I grew up. It's a very complex scent, not smoky really, but warm. I really like it a lot. The performance was fantastic - very easy to get enough thick lather for four passes. Very slick, with plenty of residual slickness as well. I don't think this is really a Springtime scent, so tomorrow I'm going to try Black Cherry. Overall, I'm really impressed. A really high-quality high-value soap.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

3. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

Welcome!

ezlovan, Frijolero and john zeiger like this.
  4. timabababaluka

timabababaluka No exceptions. Except.....

Totally agree--you're definitely in the right thread! :D

ezlovan, john zeiger and Frijolero like this.
  5. jayjacque

jayjacque Well-Known Member

I was kinda waiting until some others who've been around here longer answered, but I'll give u my limited experience anyway. What I often do is, if I love a soap, I'll get a matching A/S. If I really love it, then I might skip the A/S and go right for an EDT so as to get lasting power (using an unscented A/S in between when actually using). Or in a few cases have all 3 for something I love love. So I think right now I have Stirling EDT's for Sandpiper, Island Man, EMP (Executive Man w/ extra pineapple), Pharoah's Dreamsicle, and a Deep Blue Sea ordered a couple weeks ago, still not here. I've only used each of them a few times and haven't even used Island Man. The only one that let me down was Pharoah's Dreamsicle. The orange quickly dissipated and the smokey vanilla left wasn't all that great. But to be honest that could've been my fault for not shaking it up. I haven't tried a second time yet.

I've got 8 or 10 EDT's from other companies, mostly dupes. Stirlling is just as good as most of them and the Stirlings seem to match the scent of their soaps pretty well. There's probably some variance, but I'd say you'll probably stretch the lasting power of the scent out by an hour or hour and a half of their EDT's over their A/S. But again, I have limited experience with them at this point.

6. jayjacque

Welcome to the Stirling Exchange thread as well. I'm pretty new here also, only since start of the year I think. We both missed the real hey day from the last 2 or 3 years, but better late than never. Now 2 or 3 days seem to go by without anyone posting, then small bunches will. Still, I've found it to be a good place to get a few answers to questions and where you can take your shoes off in a nice easy chair and build a little Stirling shaving comradery.

7. Gnomeo0228

Gnomeo0228 Well-Known Member

Hey everyone, not sure if you are aware, but Rod and Mandy's newborn, Lucas is currently in NICU. Here is the latest post from Rod and Mandy. Please send good thoughts and prayers out:

UPDATE on Lucas 04/04/2020: First, Rod and I want to thank everyone for your prayers. We can not tell you how comforting it is to know so many people are lifting him up to God.
    What we know about his condition is he has a very rare heart condition called Ebstein Anomaly. The severity has not been assessed because he is also dealing with an unknown infection in his body resulting in low platelet counts and persistent pulmonary hypertension (PPH). They have been treating him with antibiotics and oxygen which they have been very slowly trying to wean him from (the oxygen). Early this morning they were also able to start feeding him milk again which has made him more content and relaxed and has helped his vitals. We don't know much about the future so we are taking it one day at a time. We will give updates as we have them and ask for your continued prayers for God to heal our sweet Lucas and bring him home to us as soon as possible.

8. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

for @ezlovan.......Rod&Mandy:

I send my absolute best wishes to you two both. My nephew had a "hole in his heart" at birth, but was treated successfully for it, had annual checkups in the beginning years of his life, and has gone on to be a fine young man(yeah, that's me being biased, but that's the job of an Uncle). Let's hope Lucas makes it through this as Sam did. By the way, I don't know the medical term for what my nephew had....wonder if it's this Ebstein thing. But take good care, all three.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
  9. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

10. falconhal

falconhal Active Member

God bless you guys.

11. timabababaluka

It's hard to see things start so difficultly for one so young.

The prayers for Lucas and family, however, will have a significant impact. A good friend of mine had a daughter born with what was essentially a quarter of her heart missing; the outlook right after birth was not promising. My son took her out to prom... 2 years ago. She is 19 and doing well.

Modern medicine is wonderful, but prayer makes it miraculous. Count on me for prayers as well.

12. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Your friend's daughter and my nephew were fighters.

13. Ijustmissedthe50s

Ijustmissedthe50s The Warnee

Prayers out to Mandy, Rod and little Lucas.

14. jayjacque

Joining with prayer also.

15. SlowRoller47

SlowRoller47 Active Member

@ezlovan my thoughts and prayers go out to you and you family. Hang in there and try to focus on the little positive news and moments.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GM1913 met Tapatalk

16. ezlovan

ezlovan Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    Thanks so much for the prayers all. It's humbling to know so many care. Lucas has shown amazing improvement in the last 48 hours. There's a chance we'll be able to bring him home by the end of this week now. Still going to have to get very acquainted with the pediatric cardiologist for the foreseeable future, but given where we were 5 days ago, I'm ecstatic right now.

17. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

That is such wonderful news, Rod!
    Continued prayers for all the best.

18. timabababaluka

Fantastic news! Prayers continuing for his increased health and for guidance and inspired physicians.

19. Moose

Moose Well-Known Member

@ezlovan, Praying for continued recovery!

20. Gnomeo0228

Gnomeo0228 Well-Known Member

Not WERE, but ARE fighters!