The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. jaxstraww

jaxstraww Well-Known Member

If you ever want to unload that brush let me know.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

ezlovan, john zeiger, Boojum1 and 2 others like this.
  2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Ah yes, the "necessity for Creedessity"(did I just write that??). As we know, Xecutive Man is Doc Ezlovan's best seller.

3. Paul Turner

Are you going to write a review on any of them(in the Stoylin website)?

4. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

I'll keep that in mind. thumbsup.gif

5. gcconspiracy

gcconspiracy Well-Known Member

Yeah, if I HAD to pick a favorite it would probably be Executive Man, but it’s so close!

Yeah, the fact that Executive Man is his best seller was part of the reason that I chased Aventus down in the first place... I can see why it is #1!

I plan to leave reviews, but I’d like to get a few more shaves under my belt with each scent before I do that.

6. Paul Turner

That's wise. I'm behind on my reviews for a couple shave soaps and an A.S. Here's something funny-I thought I didn't do a review for Sandpiper shave soap, so I got to the page, and in fact, I HAD done one!

7. Gnomeo0228

Gnomeo0228 Well-Known Member

Happy Father's Day all my wetshaving brothers!

8. Gnomeo0228

This made me happy lol

9. Paul Turner

Leroy, at the 3:00 mark of your Varen video, I thought you were going to walk right through my computer and into my apartment. :). A little adjusting needed, perhaps?

10. Gnomeo0228

ahahaha! I didn't want to waste ANY of the bloom water hehe

11. Paul Turner

Leroy, as you know, my bathroom is too small for a video. This would be me doing one:

Me-Awwwright, all set to do a shave for you guys, using Central Texas Soaps and........HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. gcconspiracy

Glad to hear it!

13. Gnomeo0228

hahahaha!

14. Latherin’ Luddite

Latherin’ Luddite Well-Known Member

Well the weather literally changed overnight. Fathers Day was cool and partly cloudy which made Sterling Spice the perfect shave soap and splash, since Old Spice was a very traditional gift for many dads. I’m very happy with the scent, and the splash hangs on like an EDT. I still had nice mellow mid and base notes 12 hrs later.

THEN the heat hit! So I finally cycled my current 10 soaps for 10 hot weather soaps, and G&T on the rocks held the honors of kicking off the heatwave. It was a great as always. Next up will be MITA.
    Happy heat everyone.

15. timabababaluka

timabababaluka No exceptions. Except.....

Very nice! Super hot here as well--thank heavens for Frost Drops and ice water :D

16. gcconspiracy

Well, I gave Barbershop a second chance and unfortunately I don’t think there will be a third. Again it smelled amazing off the puck, but once lathered it took on the same offputting (to me) odour. Not only that, but by the end of the shave I felt a burning on my face, around my nose, and even in my throat when a touch got in my mouth . It’s an absolute shame, as when I first smelled the puck I was sure that it would become a long-time favorite of mine, but it seems clear that will not be the case.

On a brighter note, I decided to shave with Gentleman tonight. To my nose the scent of Gentleman and Barbershop are similar off the puck (Gentleman just smells like grown-up Barbershop to my nose), so I thought it would be a good redemption shave after yesterday’s foray with Barbershop. The scent was stellar, the shave was beautiful, and Gentleman is seriously growing on me... it just may be the Barbershop that I was looking for!

17. chevyguy

chevyguy Well-Known Member

Stirling Samples are the best.

Clayton

Sent from my SM-A705U using Tapatalk

18. chevyguy

chevyguy Well-Known Member

Try a sample of Stirling's Aftershave Splash. It has witch hazel in it and I find that my sometimes easily irritated skin finds it very soothing. I use it daily, it's food for the skin.

Clayton

Sent from my SM-A705U using Tapatalk

19. Gnomeo0228

Oh man, sorry to hear about that. Scents are such a YMMV thing with this hobby, maybe more than any other hobby lol

20. timabababaluka

timabababaluka No exceptions. Except.....

I'm not the hugest fan of powder-like scents, so I avoided Barbershop.

My initial experience with Gentleman was the exact opposite. One whiff, and I thought to myself, "Good heavens... what have I done?" I hid it deep in a little used drawer so my wife wouldn't stumble across it. Eventually, I lathered up that horrid, horrid puck... and was amazed. Man, do I love Gentleman! The Missus thinks it smells like dill (am I crazy for thinking that's crazy?), so it wasn't a repurchase, but it was an enjoyable run. I'd be using it even now, otherwise.