The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I have Gentleman aftershave. It's NIIICE.

Trigger, john zeiger, ezlovan and 3 others like this.
  2. Paul Turner

Ehhh LADIES and uh GENTLEMEN:

The selected date for the next Stoylin Tony Awards Nominations day will be August 26. Yeah, I know....a long wait, but I wanted to do it on a special event day. Being the animal-lover I am, that date is National Dog Day. August is a quiet month for special event dates. Anyway....see ya on August 26!

Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
  3. Paul Turner

I'm still working with my "official" comment on Blood on Steel.

4. gcconspiracy

gcconspiracy Well-Known Member

Yeah, it was a bummer, but as you say - YMMV! Fortunately Stirling makes more than enough scents, so we can all find the ones that work for us!

I think Gentleman is quickly becoming a favorite out of my order of samples (alongside Executive Man, Mountain Man, Sharp Dressed Man, and Sandpiper!). I have to say though, I don't smell dill of any sort from Gentleman... Either way, I'm glad you ended up enjoying Gentleman while it lasted!

5. gcconspiracy

0.jpg
    This evening was my second go round with Executive Man, and it was a smashing success once again! I gave the lather one more addition of water than I normally would have, and I was rewarded with a beautifully slick shave shave with more than enough protection. The scent was amazing, and my wife even commented that the bathroom smelled really nice. Post shave was wonderful, I almost forgot to put a balm on because my face felt like I already had! Anyhow, just an all around stellar shave.

Razor: Karve CB (B plate SB)
    Blade: Astra SP
    Soap: Stirling Executive Man
    Brush: Paragon 28mm Plisson w/ Paragon handle

EDIT to add gear list

6. Ijustmissedthe50s

Ijustmissedthe50s The Warnee

Just received my Stirling Black Cherry after shave today. Already had the soap but kept forgetting or avoiding buying the after shave. I have so many that I was practicing restraint. Well, that didnt work out too long lol. The soap scent is wonderful and fun to me, and I love it. So I finally ordered and got the after shave. Wow! This stuff is not shy with the black cherry scent, and out of the bottle is a blast! I havent actually used it yet, but man Im glad I finally went for it. It could become one of my 2 favorite after shave scents I have. Yum!

7. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

June 26th
    Razor: Paradigm Diamondback 2020
    Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (1)
    Brush: Heritage Collection Klenzo
    Pre-shave: PAA Rabid Banana Cube
    Soap: Stirling Glacial Black Cherry
    PAA Galactic witch hazel
    Stirling Glacial balm
    AS: Stirling Glacial Black Cherry

Good morning!

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

8. Gnomeo0228

Gnomeo0228 Well-Known Member

YES!!!!! Gentleman and Veran are ties for my absolute favorite Stirling scents. Not sure how she gets dill outta that though ahaha

9. timabababaluka

timabababaluka No exceptions. Except.....

Awesome shave--love that Karve! The cool thing about Stirling is it's a pretty forgiving soap; you can really push the envelope with the water. And I do :D

10. timabababaluka

That's awesome--looking forward to the report when you finally give that AS a whirl :D

11. timabababaluka

Very nice, Jim! :D

12. timabababaluka

I know, right!?! :happy102:

BTW, my sister gave me a bar of the Veran bath soap. She likes masculine scents, but that one was too much for her. Score for me--I love it :D

13. Paul Turner

IS your sister someone who might say "Hey, lose that sexy Aqua Velva, willya"?

14. timabababaluka

She originally purchased the Veran for herself. It would be great if the same thing happened with Aqua Velva--I killed mine off last week ;)

15. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Congratulations to Rod @ezlovan and Mandy for going international! I wish you all the best!

16. gcconspiracy

A97B0776-F379-422B-9D1C-CBAC2098C2EC.jpeg
    Well, tonight was yet another stellar Stirling shave! This time it was with Sandpiper, and I have to say that I am really growing to enjoy this scent more and more. This shave was with a brand new blade, which can make for a slightly rougher shave at times, but it was smooth sailing through and through! Also, I once again hydrated my lather beyond my normal level and was impressed by just how much water Stirling can take - not every soap can handle this much water, but it results in such a slick shave!

All in all, this has to be one of my favorite shaves thus far, and that is saying something!

Karve CB (B-SB)
    Astra SP (1)
    Stirling Sandpiper
    Paragon Plisson 28mm

17. Paul Turner

It's been my favorite Stoylin ever since the sample Sandpiper jumped out at me compared to the other 3 in that set.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
  18. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

June 28, 2020

Colonial Al General V1
    Feather Pro
    Chubby 2 Synthetic
    Stirling Soap Co. Pharaoh's Dreamsicle Soap & Aftershave
    Terre D'hermes

[​IMG]

19. Paul Turner

How did you know this? Or is it explained in the website?

20. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

It was on Facebook, Paul.