The strange things we humans do

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by old okie, Jun 20, 2012.

1. old okie

old okie Member

I was thinking while shaving today about the strange things we do. I heated my shave mug, brush and soap in a sink full of hot water before shaving, the same soap that just last week I had nuked in the microwave so I could stir in the menthol crystals to get the face freeze that I like so much.

2. Smott

Smott Chew your shave. Slowly.

That's nothing! Last month, I switched to running a razor blade across my face in order to reduce irritation!

3. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

I always thought wearing ties was kinda stupid......I don't mind it, I just think its stupid.

4. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

I like ties..just not while shaving..that would be tooo strange..:eek: :rolleyes:

DaveL and battle.munky like this.
  5. Dslazar9

Dslazar9 Took the Menthol-cratic Oath

If it wasn't for my vintage tie collection I'd never wear one...ok maybe on occasional Jerry Garcia tie. I'm down to about twice/week.

battle.munky likes this.
  6. jeraldgordon

jeraldgordon TSD's Mascot

Ties are part of a feminist plot to subjugate the male of the species... :pri:

7. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Actually, they are just our revenge on whoever invented high heels.

8. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

burnout961 and battle.munky like this.
  9. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

According to that article, I can blame those women for popularizing them, not inventing them.

battle.munky likes this.
  10. gregindallas

gregindallas Rolls Razor Revivalist

+1
    Think we got the better deal though .:D A man wearing a tie is just a man wearing a tie but a woman in heels is......interesting.

burnout961 likes this.
  11. gollum83

gollum83 Well-Known Member

Foot pain, sprains, fractures, tendon problems and a higher incidence of degenerative joint disease of the knees? Yeah, we men did get a much better deal with just having to wear ties.

Queen of Blades likes this.
  12. Smott

Sometimes my neck gets sweaty in the summertime. And sometimes I have to retie my tie because I tied it too long. And there was this one time when I went outside and the wind started blowing and my tie kind of blew up and over my shoulder and I had to push it back down. Women have it easy... [​IMG]

battle.munky likes this.
  13. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Steve-less in Indiana

I'm not sure which is the most worthless invention in the history of man, the tie or dancing...

GDCarrington likes this.
  14. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

...what he said
    I still vote for high heels. (And no, I don't own any.)

Queen of Blades likes this.
  15. gregindallas

gregindallas Rolls Razor Revivalist

Near beer

DaveL and gollum83 like this.
  16. Smott

Dancing? Oh man, are you serious? Without any encouragement, my 1-year-old daughter rocks and moves to any music we put on. It's my opinion that we all love dancing in one way, shape, or form—unless that love has been killed by some extraneous factor.

17. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Steve-less in Indiana

Seriously never saw the point of jumping and flailing around with a bunch of other people jumping and flailing around.

18. Smott

What about a graceful Viennese waltz, a slow hula, or a crisp tango? No jumping and flailing, and you can easily restrict the numbers! Come on, Tom, you know you want to. hehe

You honestly don't tap your foot, bob your head, or pat your hand on your knee or the table when a great song comes on?

lindyhopper66 likes this.
  19. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

I always found it funny that we drive on Parkways and park on driveways. Of course, that's only English speaking people.

20. lindyhopper66

lindyhopper66 Well-Known Member

And don't forget swing dance to great jazz music.

Slipperyjoe and GDCarrington like this.