The US West Coast Bunny Injector Pass-Around

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Rufus T., Feb 20, 2016.

1. thevez2

thevez2 uses Gillette's new Tarantula Razor - 8 blades!!

Happy to be in on this!

2. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Here is the video for loading the blade and changing the comb.

3. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

Great Demo Tom @Karl G was calling the Folks that may find this difficult a NUMPTY..I have no Idea what that means..You will need to ask him..:happy102:

Billy..:chores016:

Bama Samurai, Rufus T. and Karl G like this.
  4. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

@Karl G ?

Rufus T., Billyfergie and Karl G like this.
  5. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

That wisnae wit happened ya big numpty. :rofl:

Methinks ye be talkin crap. :happy097:

Rufus T., PLANofMAN and Billyfergie like this.
  6. Billyfergie

I put my Hands up Tom..It was me that just told Karl what that meant..Its a Scottish Term for someone that is Daft or not the Sharpest Tool in the Box..Here is the Scottish Dialect that I was brought up with..This is Funny but Real Life Folks..:happy097:

Hodge, Bama Samurai, Rufus T. and 2 others like this.
  7. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Certain words go a long way but I'm afraid I'd run out of vocabulary awfully fast. :happy102:

8. Billyfergie

When I joined the British Forces & went to England folks couldn't understand me..They struggled with the Hard Rough West of Scotland Accent..As time went on of course my vocabulary became more articulate..I used to be a University Lecturer Teaching Social Policy & the Students used to say that I spoke like a Professor & they didn't understand what I was saying with my Philosophical Concepts...Everything changes but something's remain the same..:happy097:

9. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Nice video. Thanks.

Rufus T. and twhite like this.
  10. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

Great stuff Tom, you're a natural!

twhite likes this.
  11. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

Wait, what?!!!

So now I'm the Bunny Rep., US West Coast AND Chief Numpty?!!

Well you two, you forget - this is my thread and I can have you both banned from this party ya know!

Yeah, that's right!

"Look, if you don't like my parties, you can leave in a huff. If that's too soon, leave in a minute and a huff. If you can't find that, you can leave in a taxi."
    - Rufus T. Firefly (from Duck Soup)

macaronus, Billyfergie, Hodge and 5 others like this.
  12. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

February 29, 2016
    Two weeks with the Bunny Razor V3 by @twhite

Shave 5
    Hot Shower
    Razor: TWhite Bunny Injector V3
    Blade: Schick (China) (2)
    Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
    Brush: Rubberset 400-4
    TSD Witch Hazel
    Myrsol Plastic Shave

1.jpg
    With my first week being a bit up and down with the Bunny, I feel I've turned the corner yesterday and am about to hit my stride.

This morning I awoke with barely enough stubble to justify a two-pass shave. But I made the sacrifice for the sake of being a lab rat and set up for a two-pass shave.

I’ve planned an XTG and ATG shave with just the 'Notso' comb. My thought is to follow this with shaves to round out this last week of my Bunny trials with a mix and match of combs - 1st Pass 'Notso' or 'Wild' comb, followed by a 2nd pass with the 'Mild' comb.

Today's two-pass with the Notso was very good. On my first pass (XTG) I'm always looking for reduction - focused on angle and no pressure, while mapping efficient stroke coverage. That's the basic strategy for my two-pass shave towards a goal of smoothness without irritation. This first pass was excellent.

My 2nd pass (ATG) is the Closer - angle, stroke pressure and direction has to be perfect to achieve the the elusive BBS without irritation. Cheeks are usually easy, with the degree of difficulty rising from neck to jawline to chin and mouth corners in that order. (Sporting a Groucho mustache, I skip the upper lip minefield.)

The Notso did as well or better on the neck and jawline than any of my other razors. But it seemed a tad aggressive on the chin and mouth corners to where mild irritation showed up during and after the shave. The closeness was as good as I can remember on any razor so this combo has potential as my skills with the razor grows.

Tomorrow I'll use the same comb on first pass and dial back to use the 'Mild' comb on the 2nd pass.

I'm really enjoying this Tom!

Cheers!
    RT

Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
  13. billdog2

billdog2 Well-Known Member

Thank you Tom, that helps a lot. I was afraid that when you changed combs, the blade would be exposed (silly me) and the little twist toward yourself is immensely valuable when loading a blade. Thanks

Bill

Bama Samurai, Karl G, twhite and 2 others like this.
  14. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Great report Vince. :happy088: Glad to read you are going to try switching combs for the final pass next. I think it's going to make it even tougher to send the Bunny on it's way. :cool:

"Look, if you don't like my parties, you can leave in a huff. If that's too soon, leave in a minute and a huff. If you can't find that, you can leave in a taxi." :happy097:

15. Billyfergie

Big Chief Numpty ..:happy097::happy102:

16. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Scots is my favorite accent and I could happily listen to a Scotsman read the phone book aloud. But, Och!, I couldn't make heads or tails of 95% of that video, even with headphones on.

Rufus T., Karl G, Billyfergie and 3 others like this.
  17. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

I can only make out the cursing and that's only cause there's so much of it...:happy097:

Hodge, Bama Samurai, Karl G and 4 others like this.
  18. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Take heart, numpty is also a term of endearment. ;)

Robyflexx, Rufus T. and Billyfergie like this.
  19. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

March 1, 2016
    Two weeks with the Bunny Razor V3 by @twhite

Shave 6
    Hot Shower
    Razor: TWhite Bunny Injector V3
    Blade: Schick (China) (3)
    Soap: Saponificio Varesino - 70th Anniversary
    Brush: Rubberset 400-4
    TSD Witch Hazel
    AS: Saponificio Varesino - 70th Anniversary

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456875439.584403.jpg

Yesterday's shave used the Notso comb for both passes.

But I think I found my happy place today - 2-pass shave:
    1st pass - XTG - Notso comb
    2nd pass - ATG - Mild comb

1st pass every bit effective as yesterday, but dialing back just a bit with the Mild comb on second pass reduced most all irritation. Will try the same tomorrow and really focus on light pressure and minimal strokes.

Just an added thought...i can't discount that the extra slickness of the lather today helped with the comfort as well.

Cheers!
    RT

macaronus, Jayaruh, Hodge and 8 others like this.
  20. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

OH MAN! Now I ned to get me a 400 that is perfect looking next to the Bunny.

Oh yes nice shave report also:)

macaronus, RyX, Darkbulb and 5 others like this.