THE VEG

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by necrotic, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Honey badger dont kiss and tell.[/quote]
    That's right.

2. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I drink TAB often; in fact it's pretty much my only diet soda and had one today with lunch. But...it MUST be near-frozen to taste good; then the vanilla and other flavors are noticeable and it's quite good (imo). Once it starts to warm, it turns not so good, fast. Same thing I found with Diet Rite, strangely, so it must not be due to the saccharine.

3. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

True, true.

4. Weeper Warrior

Weeper Warrior Well-Known Member

Man....I forgot about Diet Rite.....I use to love that stuff! Until a couple years ago when for some reason I could not drink soda anymore. I would pick up a TAB every now and again....One was enough for couple months,though. I guess it was a childhood comfort kind of thing.

gorgo2 likes this.
  5. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    I like Moxie. I am a chosen one! (Just not for lilac vegetal).

...and you can't make badger brushes out of Honey Badger fur. The hair is both too short and too thin.

Weeper Warrior likes this.
  6. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Poor honey badger. :(

Weeper Warrior and PLANofMAN like this.
  7. necrotic

necrotic Active Member

Just decanted into a beautiful green Jagermeister bottle. How long do people think I should let it sit in the glass before testing? A day? A week?

Weeper Warrior likes this.
  8. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

upload_2015-9-24_21-59-16.png

Although, it looks like a pretty crappy brush for $120

9. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

Hey, if it's good enough for the Splendid Splinter..
    image.jpg

PLANofMAN likes this.
  10. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

I would think that would be even more incentive to splash that Veg heavy....can you imagine, Veg marinated BBQ?
    See....another plus for wearing the Veg!

11. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

your paying for what the cat had to go through to get the hair from the Honey Badger.....lol!

richgem likes this.
  12. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Rare? √
    Unique? √
    Beautiful? x
    Hmm. Only ticked two of the boxes. I'll have to pass on that one.

13. entropy1049

entropy1049 Well-Known Member

Hopefully the Jag bottle was nice and clean before decanting...anise seems to be hard to get rid of, not to mention the tar, asphalt and other road building materials they put in that stuff.

It's only going to get better the longer it stays in the bottle until a month or so passes when it should attain stasis. Let it go at least a week.

necrotic and 178-bplatoon like this.
  14. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

It looks like a crappy brush for $2.00..I don't know if I believe it's the first of it's kind, but I certainly believe/hope its the only one of it's kind!!:happy097:
    I do have a question however, how does a brush become badass?? Is it because its so FUGLY?:confused:

15. richgem

Honey Badger still don't care.

16. richgem

:sick007:

17. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

http://www.shoeboxshaveshop.com/wetopijubar1.html

18. California Cajun

California Cajun Active Member

The manufacturer's site is: http://www.clubmanonline.com/

I think you have been chosen. For me it wasn't love at first sniff, but I gave it a shot a few months later and have liked it ever since. Here's what the manufacturer says about it:

Clubman Lilac Vegetal After Shave Lotion is a sweet creation with fragrant notes of lilac with a floral accord, softened with a warm musk accord.
      • Instantly cools, tones, refreshes the skin with an invigorating tingle...
      • Gives skin a smooth, comfortable feeling...
      • All-over body freshener to splash on freely after bath or shower...
      • Old fashioned barber shop smell...

Hodge and Weeper Warrior like this.
  19. necrotic

necrotic Active Member

Update:

Wore the VEG to church today for the first time... I was definitely getting hit up by the ladies more than usual after choir practice. Too bad they are all 60+ :) Seriously, though, I have not been chatted up so much by the 60+ crowd in a long while.

SWMBO tolerates the VEG. She still teases me though about smelling like a nursing home. But she doesn't say to switch to something different. I have some Pinaud Bay Rum in the mail to try next. I'll stick with the VEG as my daily AS until then.

Primotenore likes this.
  20. Munichjoe

Munichjoe Member

Picked up a new pomade yesterday in town and saw they also had the veg. Didn't wanna grab a whole bottle if it turns out that I'm not one of the chosen ones. So I asked the guy if they had a sample bottle, and low and behold, I got my pomade and a free 2oz sample bottle of the veg.
    Splashed it on a little while ago, now we wait and see.....
    I'm a little on the fence about it, but it's not as bad as some say.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

Bama Samurai and PickledNorthern like this.