The Velva Wars

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Queen of Blades, Jul 27, 2007.

?

Which side?

1. Pro Velva

67.6%
  2. Anti Velva

11.8%
  3. Neutral/Don't care

20.6%
  1. grampi

grampi Member

Now there's an AS to stay away from!

2. Billr

Billr Mix Master Mighty White!

I know this is an old thread but I waned my vote to be heard. I (and SWMBO) like the AV ice blue - but not that musk stuff!

3. Rene

Rene Well-Known Member

:sihns011 :happy096

4. I just found this thread on the recents page after you guys posted in it. After reading through a little of the thread, I find myself becoming less and less of a real shaving man for having never tried the Velva. I think I might have to run to the store real quick and get a bottle before this mornings shave XD.

5. goshawk

goshawk Well-Known Member

Just registered my vote for AV. Nothing else works like it. I usually follow it up with a dab of 4711 e de c. :D

goshawk

6. geneaut

geneaut Member

I always liked the AV blue, now I've been seduced by the Musk !

7. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

Thanks for the resurrection..................

But dont diss da Musk !
    Its powerful good, I tell ya :love055

Ive mixed (I know, I know..........) the musk with:
    Thayers ROSE witch hazel and also made a
    "musky" Bay Rum ASB.
    Good stuff, Maynard :drool

8. aubug

aubug Member

I voted Pro great stuff

9. Junior

Junior New Member

My wife just got me a bottle and I tried it for the first time this morning. The price is right, it smells good, and feels great. I think I may be an Aqua Velva man...

10. OldAF

OldAF New Member

Dad always used the ice blue but when I started shaving I went for Old Spice. This forum seduced me into trying Aqua Velva again. Now I can't leave it alone. :o

11. AxelH

AxelH New Member

Menth-Head Epidemic

I laughed when I read the Menth head's gathered in an apartment sharing a tube of some cream in another thread. On the serious side, I think, regarding polls and discussions a distinction should be made whether a person dislikes mentholated shaving products in general, when discussing menthol-containing products, just so people understand the nature of the bias for or against something. I think it's an important distinction.

I like Aqua Velva, it's the only mentholated after-shave I own and if I had menthol crystals I'd definitely experiment with them in a 28 proof witch hazel astringent after-shave. Combining the AV musk with witch hazel, though, to dilute it, sounds like a fantastic idea. That musk AS/cologne is way too strong for me, strictly a cologne or diluted with something. Thanks bunches for the idea.