The Wabbit 3d printed injector razor pass around.

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by BBS, Jun 10, 2020.

?

If the designs were made public on thingverse would you have this razor printed for personal use?

1. Yes

27 vote(s)
    93.1%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  1. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

I think one idea to test since it should be easy to do with 3d printed materials is the tongue and groove system. put the tongue on the handle and groove on the razor head. just make sure the groove opening is on the opposite side of where the blade edge so you don't accidently push the razor head off the handle while shaving. There are potential problems with it though like how will it wear over time.

Karl G, GAW9576 and twhite like this.
  2. riverrun

riverrun Well-Known Member

Some pictures of the V3 from my 3D printing guy. Fresh out of the printer.
    The material is transparent PLA - not as spectacular as transparent resin, but I had to give it a go.

[​IMG]

ischiapp, Ron R, Droo78 and 11 others like this.
  3. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

Very very cool. I love the TNNSER handle and look forward to trying this razor.

Terry and Karl G like this.
  4. cpool222

cpool222 Well-Known Member

Sorry, I know that I'm late to the party... is there a chance to try this razor?

Karl G and GAW9576 like this.
  5. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

cpool222, Terry, Karl G and 2 others like this.
  6. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Done see the above post.

7. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

The Wabbit has arrived! It hit the mailbox yesterday, but I have not had an opportunity to use it yet. I’ll give it a go for tomorrow morning’s shave. I’m looking forward to it!

GAW9576, Karl G, Terry and 1 other person like this.
  8. cpool222

cpool222 Well-Known Member

Thanks!!

Karl G and GAW9576 like this.
  9. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

My first shave with the wabbit is now in the books!

From the looks of the razor I was expecting an aggressive shave. Not so! I found the wabbit to be on the mild side. Maybe it was the way I positioned it against my face. You hold this one at a different angle than most injectors. Maybe it was the feather light weight of the razor. I’ll focus more on that in my next shave.

So how was my shave? It was a very nice two pass shave that left me with a DFS. I had to touch up around my neck a bit, but I have that issue with most any razor. It was a bit difficult around my nose due to the head size, but I did get all after a couple of nicks.

My first impression of the wabbit is that I like it! It will take another shave or two before I have a solid opinion , but I very much enjoyed using it today. Tom, you did a fantastic job! It’s amazing what you can do with a printer nowadays!
    569E91B3-9DB1-4950-9F7C-078C8EE49888.jpeg

10. GAW9576

Quick update on my end. I may be on vacation when @Jim99 is done with the Wabbit, Or at least by the time it would arrive at my house. We may want to switch me later in the pass around. I'll be gone for most of the 8th of Oct. To the 20th with a shot return home in the middle.

Karl G and Edison Carter like this.
  11. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

@jgreenepa is after you, so we could reverse the order and have him go next. Sounds good to everyone?

Edison Carter, Karl G and twhite like this.
  12. GAW9576

Sounds good to me.

Jim99 and Karl G like this.
  13. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

There are only 3 people behind you if you want to go to the back of the line.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
    Jim99, GAW9576 and Karl G like this.
  14. GAW9576

That works for me. Then I will ship it back to @twhite when I'm done unless instructed otherwise.

Edison Carter and Jim99 like this.
  15. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

It goes to @BBS he is running it. So it is his.

16. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

17. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Day two with the wabbit was even better than the first day.

I’m getting used to handling the wabbit and had no issues around my nose at all. It just takes a bit of getting used to handling this razor and it’s all good around the schnoz. I find the angle a little challenging on my neck. It seems I need to hold the handle almost vertical, and I run out of air space between my neck and the razor handle. Not a big deal as I just go XTG and ATG and I’m covered. The light weight of the wabbit does not seem to affect the razor one bit. Two passes and I ended up with a very nice DFS.

Note the I’m using a Chick blade, not the Schick B20s that came with it. Am I missing anything?
    8CEF042A-6555-4734-A3B1-096BFB4EEB93.jpeg

18. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Nope. I hope the V3 fixes the handle issue.

19. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Day three with the wabbit and it was another nice shave!

I believe that the light weight of this razor has no impact on the shave. I can’t prove that, but I can say that the wabbit doesn’t miss a hair in my two pass shaves. The blade is held tightly with the magnet, and I have no concerns of any looseness or movement with the blade. I had to perform a little touch up to get the whiskers around my nose, but that was my only challenge with this razor.

I’m really liking this wabbit!
    08E535F7-7E99-456D-8DD8-250BFAD2ECB5.jpeg

Karl G, Edison Carter and GAW9576 like this.
  20. GAW9576

Gosh I'm almost regretting that I'm taking a two-week vacation.

Karl G and Edison Carter like this.