The wife's homemade bread.

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by youngunn, Mar 15, 2013.

1. youngunn

youngunn Where's my TSD aftershave balm???

[​IMG]

This bread is awesome. It's bigger than my hand when sliced. It's healthy. No preservatives. Has honey and oats and flax and stuff. Tastes great. :D

Hanzo, MoAllen, Geordie Sam and 8 others like this.
  2. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

Bread made with honey is awesome!! Where did tour wifes recipe come from? I can't get mine to really rise at all... :(

youngunn likes this.
  3. youngunn

She uses vital wheat gluten and yeast and it's a big batch of bread in a number 9 pan she says. She found the recipe on her pinterest, if you want the recipe I'll grab it :D

4. jeraldgordon

jeraldgordon TSD's Mascot

Very nice! Not many young women make bread now days - sounds like God gave you a real gift! Awesome looking loaf...

youngunn and JRod22 like this.
  5. Tjebbe

Tjebbe Well-Known Member

You don't have to be a woman to bake, I used to bake our own bread, but now I am low on the carbs.
    Homebaked is so much nicer, I used to mix all kinds of nuts, mmmm!

KLF and youngunn like this.
  6. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

That bread looks great. I make my own too.

youngunn and jeraldgordon like this.
  7. ohpaos

ohpaos Smiley Provider

Yummo!

youngunn likes this.
  8. ehcalum

ehcalum Active Member

:eatdrink023: Get in my belly!

ohpaos and youngunn like this.
  9. jeraldgordon

jeraldgordon TSD's Mascot

No, of course not. I taught my wife to bake, many years ago. But now days, with my wife and 3 daughters who like to bake... I can't even remember how long it has been since I did so.

10. blanka

blanka I will not eat my shaving products. Promise.

Hmmm....methinks it's time to make a challah loaf. Although, I'll admit, my recipe is far from being healthy.

KLF and youngunn like this.
  11. toyman

toyman Member

That bread looks delicious! I'm a self taught (hobby) baker also. I mainly make hearth style breads (free-form - no pan) and buns. I also will make a few loaves of whole wheat on occasion. I started honing my pizza skills, built a wood fired oven, and branched out into bread.

youngunn likes this.
  12. youngunn

Yeah she makes free form as well but for sandwiches this one is awesome!

Posting the recipe in the recipes section for anyone who wants it :)
    Link: http://theshaveden.com/forums/index.php?threads/32410/

13. Geordie Sam

Geordie Sam Active Member

I said to my "wife" where would she like to go on holiday?, she said "how about somewhere she'd never been before" I said "TRY THE ******* KITCHEN."
    Geordie Sam. (I lie, I am not married, I'll say anything to squeeze a gag in.)
    But I'm not lying when I say that bread looks TASTY.

Erik Redd, youngunn and Heloguy like this.
  14. a_bit_crafty

a_bit_crafty New Member

We love homemade bread. We've been making our own for a few years now. Sometimes Mr. Crafty makes it, sometimes I do. We cut down on carbs so we don't eat it very often now, but we still make it for the kids.

youngunn likes this.
  15. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

That bread looks terrific!
    We do (my wife and I) all out own breads, muffins, cookies, cakes, pies, etc. as we run a gluten-free household.
    Making a GF bread that resembles what you posted would be a dream come true!

16. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Love making my own bread. I've gone so far as to grind my own wheat into flour just before baking. Makes a difference that is quite noticable to me. Yummy!