There can be only One!!

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Padron, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Padron

Padron Active Member

I really want to try this one, I have the Sandalwood soap and really like it, I have the Nomad Balm and like the scent...Hmmmm :)

2. Lyrt

Lyrt Flash

C&E makes wonderful scents. Personally, I think the Nomad ASB and regular soap smell better than the shaving soap, but it is certainly a great product nonetheless.

3. Padron

Padron Active Member

Thanks Yukio!!

And what would be your #1 soap selection? Enquiring minds want to know :cool:

4. Lyrt

Lyrt Flash

Hmmm, my favourite brand is D.R. Harris, but if I had to choose one, it probably would be MWF, because its scent is faint and neutral. If I can’t have a great variety of scents, I’d rather have something that I won’t get tired of.

Note that my opinion might change when I try Trumper’s rose shaving soap. Rose is something I can’t get tired of.

5. Padron

Padron Active Member

Thanks Yukio!!,

I just got the Trumpers Rose soap a couple weeks ago, nice lather but lacking in the scent dept....... to me anyway :(:(:(

I wanted to get hit in the face with the roses :D

YMMV :)

6. seamus402

seamus402 You don't mess with Big Slim

If one and only one - it would have to be four different ones. But if it were really one I believe it would be C&E SAO. The next three would be TSD bay Rum, QED Vetiver and Big Jims (My own) Lavender, Rosemary Orange.

7. Lyrt

Lyrt Flash

It’s my turn to thank you. I had great expectations of Trumper’s rose soap based on the cream I have, but apparently it’s too faint.

8. berzerkeleyan

berzerkeleyan New Member

Some have better scents. Others make better lather. Still others are more moisturizing. But the best overall performer, for me, is Tabac.

9. jramire2

jramire2 Member

Floris JF, but to be fair, I have yet to try any TSD soaps.

10. sparky5693

sparky5693 Administrator Staff Member

Administrator
    The TSD Bamboo and Teak is my favorite scent at the moment. Every time I go in the bathroom i gotta open it and take a whiff.

11. Padron

Padron Active Member

It is nice soap, expensive though and the scent to me is pretty weak, not as strongly scented as their Rose cream...:(

I just got some TSD Victorian Rose soap from JoAnna, the scent is much stronger and the lather is great....:D

I also like the QED Wild Rose soap, but getting it is hit and miss as it seems it is only made in small batches..:confused:

12. Kingpepper

Kingpepper Active Member

Toss up between Erasmic and Speick. I'll choose Speick for now.

13. Austin

Austin Member

I'm too lazy to answer this question. :D

DR Harris Almond

14. michaelskar

michaelskar New Member

my feelings/preferences change so often...but the one that keeps coming back (and is my latest "this is the greatest" soap): Tabac

I should add, this is one that seems to do much better if you let the warm water sit on top of the puck for a while before lathering.

15. Padron

Padron Active Member

LOL Austin, good to see you here :D

16. Austin

Austin Member

Thank you. I decided to check out where all the kool kids hang out. :cool:

17. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

Welcome Austin! Good to have you around.

18. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Welcome to The Shave Den, Austin!

19. owen

owen Member

Still searching for the one. So far I have experience with

williams
    colgate
    vulfix
    penhaligons English Fern
    T&H Luxary
    I like the creaminess of penhaligons but the clean fresh smell of T&H.
    right now T&H is the winner, but I do have a must buy list.:D

20. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Well, some of us aren't kids! Some of us don't even remember BEING kids! :D Nice to see you at TSD though! Still like your avatar!! :eatdrink047