There can be only One!!

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Padron, Nov 7, 2007.

1. OldSaw

OldSaw Active Member

Welcome Austin

2. OldSaw

OldSaw Active Member

Art of Shaving

I'm surprised no one mentioned the Art of Shaving shave soap. So far AOS lemon is at the top of the heap for me.

3. TstebinsB

TstebinsB Active Member

I use shaving soaps exclusively so picking only one is very difficult. :o It's impossible really. I would have to pick.. umm .. uhh.. QED Patchtouli/Tea Tree/Peppermint or QED Wild Rose. However, QED Lime, MWF, and any Honeybee scent I like would be right there. Pardon me as I run off the bathroom to ensure all my soaps I love them all the same.:rofl

4. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

What a hard question to answer--would it be Erasmic, or De Vergulde Hand??????????????????????? These are the first 2 soaps which came to my mind.

5. Bill

Bill Man of Steel

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE...

........go stand in the corner...........................[​IMG]

Sorry... I couldn't pass that one up. :D

6. Padron

Padron Active Member

So far, the most popular is:

TSD Soaps
    Tabac Soap
    D.R. Harris Soaps

Good stuff, keep the votes coming folks :D

7. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Just put my Tabac in a new bowl today :p

8. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

$5.99
    $15.00
    $34.99

Hmmm.....

9. Padron

Padron Active Member

Yea, that $34.99 is why I haven't tried it yet...sticker shock :eek: makes the TSD soap look like a Super Bargain :D

10. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

It IS a super bargain, my friend.

11. Austin

Austin Member

I have not tried TSD soaps but I gather they are either cold pour or glycerin based soaps. DR Harris soaps are triple milled and will last many times longer.

12. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

Trumpers are Triple Milled as well, and while I consider myself a Trumper user first, there are days when TSD's soaps match Trumpers no question.

Sometimes price is not reflective of quality, TSD soaps could be work double easy IMO.

13. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Didn't mean to imply that DR Harris was not an excellent soap (though, as you haven't tried TSD, I haven't tried Harris). All I'm saying is that, at $5.99, the TSD soap is a bargain. The scents are very nice and they lather and lubricate well. I've been using several of them for the past couple of weeks and am quite pleased. And this from a cream user who has never had much luck with soaps.

Give one a try, Austin. Or buy SIX! Same price as one Harris! :D Sorry, no wooden bowls though.

14. Austin

Austin Member

I am not implying TSD soaps are not good. I use Mama Bears, SaintCharlesShave and QED soaps from time to time. They are all quality soaps. Nevertheless, I find that I like triple milled soaps a tad better.

15. Scorpio

Scorpio Big Hitter

I believe TSD soaps are glycerin based soaps. Maybe JoAnna can confirm

Raf

16. msandoval858

msandoval858 Active Member

At 5.99, TSD soaps do represent a great value compared to other soaps in that price range. No doubt about that.

I have this thing for luxury soaps in wooden bowls as well... so much for keeping this hobby cheap :rolleyes:

17. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Mike, with that sig line, you're talking CHEAP?!!! :rofl

18. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    I confirm.

19. murchmb

murchmb Member

Tabac hands down. Triple milled for longevity. Tallow based for performance. Inexpensive, especially in refill form from QED. As much as I like the scent, I wish Maurer & Wirtz would offer the same soap in different, more traditional scents.

20. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Tabac......well thats a scent that has really grown on me. I LIKE IT