They're baaaaaaa-ack! Hostess Twinkies!!

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by Kawika503, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Kawika503

Kawika503 Active Member

[​IMG]I don't know if everyone here at TSD is aware of this, but my FAVORITE guilty pleasure is BACK on store shelves, as of yesterday July 15th in full glorious force! Of course, for me, that meant I needed to purchase each re-offering, to include: Twinkies, Cupcakes and Ho-ho's - That's all my store had, and the Mart of Wals were all sold out, rumored that they ran out by 7pm (I was there at about 9:30p).

Let me just say this, all is right in my world once again.

I've read articles re: "new" Twinkies being smaller than the "originals" - but, I really didn't notice (to be honest, I was soooo excited, I actually bit my finger on the last bite). Anyway, I'm happy to report that (to me), the flavors are just as I remembered it, for all of the born-again Hostess products that I re-tried. Which is a very good thing - 'cuz there's nothing worse than when something awesome, get's re-formulated and then it just not the same, in a bad way. Kind of like when they re-formulate shave creams and stuff. But have no fear, Hostess has kept it's original recipes, and although there is talk of "healthy options" in Hostess's future product line-up, it's pretty clear that if you willingly buy a box of Twinkies (or any snack cake for that matter), you know exactly what you're getting, don't kid yourself. We all know that a healthy Twinkie will NEVER make it. Blasphemy!

So, I urge you fellow Den brothers and sisters, go out, buy a box of Twinkies or Cupcakes or Ho-ho's or whatever you like (sorry Sno-Ball lovers, those bad boys are not slated to go back into production until later this year) and then go home and pour yourself a tall glass of beer milk and indulge! Celebrate! Life is short and Twinkies are small-er, so have two :D

For your reading enjoyment:
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/news/hostess-twinkies
    http://money.cnn.com/2013/06/24/news/companies/twinkies-return/index.html

Like this post if you're a closet fat-kid like me :)

srpavko, Ryan B and Weeper Warrior like this.
  2. Weeper Warrior

Weeper Warrior Well-Known Member

Still No Choco-dile.....Still No Excited:(

Kawika503 likes this.
  3. Kawika503

Kawika503 Active Member

I admit, those buggers are a little harder to come by. Actually, I'm a west coaster and I only had one, once, when an east coast friend of mine brought me one on her last visit about a year ago. However, now that Hostess is back and making a major push to stock local stores with glorious snack cakes again, I feel confident that your precious Chocodiles WILL make a comeback...I can feel it in my bones!!

[​IMG]

Weeper Warrior likes this.
  4. Weeper Warrior

I just miss Chauncey!

Kawika503 likes this.
  5. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

I promised myself I wouldn't cry. . . .

Kawika503 likes this.
  6. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

I've never been a Twinkie guy (also don't think I've ever said those words together in a statement either :p ), as their allure has always eluded me.
    Now Hostess Ho-Ho's and the occasional Ding-Dong....now we're talking lunch pail nivana & the envy of all nearby classmates!
    [​IMG]

richgem and Kawika503 like this.
  7. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

Huh...never heard of a Choco-dile....maybe they were illegal here in Texas? :D (But seriously, never heard of 'em)
    And yes, I got a box of Twinkies the day they returned...that evening...I grabbed one of the last 3 remaining boxes that I found

Kawika503 likes this.
  8. Kawika503

Kawika503 Active Member

I wonder if Twinkie filling makes a good lather?

9. Weeper Warrior

NO....And the brush gets all sticky!

Oh..I mean I have no idea.:innocent

Lexicon Devil and sol92258 like this.
  10. Kawika503

Kawika503 Active Member

...riiiiiight... ;)

11. Double Edge Dougy

Double Edge Dougy Well-Known Member

Ha, funny post...i love trashy junk food but twinkies arent too high on my list...i like hostess but for the last few years i think lil debbie snacks has them beat imho

12. Weeper Warrior

thems-fightin-words.jpg

13. Double Edge Dougy

Double Edge Dougy Well-Known Member

Lol @ weeper warrior....hey i love hostess cupcakes as much as anyone...i just think i like the lil debbies all around a lil more ha dont shoot!

srpavko and Weeper Warrior like this.
  14. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

I was at the grocery store this weekend just as they were putting them on the shelf. Bad timing. I hadn't had a Twinkie in over 30 years, but I had to pick up a box. I gave several away and ate the rest. I am sure the new ones will still glow in the dark and last longer than cockroaches.

15. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

I never heard of them either. And yes, they probably were illegal in Texas... something about not enough lard??? :D Sorry, I was channeling every Southern cooking show I've ever seen. lol.

sol92258 likes this.
  16. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

I really couldn't care about twinkies and most snack cakes, but after reading all this, I'm suddenly craving a yodel.

17. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Nope, I'm not a fan of Twinkies, either.
    Little Debbie Nutty Bars - now we're talkin'!

Lexicon Devil and burnout961 like this.
  18. Weeper Warrior

http://www.friedtwinkies.com/recipe.html LOL

19. Weeper Warrior

These put them all to shame!

bingles.jpg

20. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

Weeper Warrior likes this.