Things I stumbled across in the Traders Mall...

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by Brian, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Brian

Brian Active Member

We went over to Murray, KY tonight in search of a gift for my father-in-laws upcoming birthday but with there being a few traders malls up there I just had to check them out to see what they had.

The first shop had a single box of used injector blades on sale for $2.50. I had to pass on that, but once we got to the second mall.... Oh boy, did I have a field day. I checked out several booths full of glassware and mugs. I have found over here people don't really know what they have and mix alot of good suff with their junk. I found several shave mugs listed as "tea cups", I have three of the "tea cups" below (they are the ones with "Old Spice" on the side of them). The fourth one was listed as a shave mug, but then there was a boar brush and a puck of soap to help be able to tell just what it was.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oh yeah, I forgot to share the update on my MIA razor and case...

Went back to the flea market this past Sunday and I found the woman whom I had bought it from. (Good news, right?) WRONG!!! Low and behold I saw it was right back in her case... FOR SALE! I explained how it had been left out of my bag last week, and how I was glad she found it. Now, if I may have it please.... Here is where I got a wee bit ill. For ANOTHER $40.00 (I should be happy she said she was willing to drop the price from what she had marked after all!), she would be glad to sell it to me. She claimed she didn't remember me, nor ever selling it the first time. NEEDLESS to say, I did not shell out another forty bucks for the dang thing. I reminded her KARMA has away of coming back around when you least expect it and biting you on the bum. It is still rubbing me wrong when I think of it, but the score of new to me mugs sure helps ease the pain. (alittle at least)

2. Tforc

Tforc Member

ohh that chaps my @#$%

My parents worked flea market every sat and sun for business i walked it all the time, the regulars remember all sales. Unless she is so dim in the head she knows she is sticking it to you grrr..... I feel for ya hate getting burnt.
    Grats on your fine looking mugs.
    B

3. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Sorry to hear about the razor, but great score on the mugs. Enjoy 'em! :happy088:happy088

4. Brian

Brian Active Member

Thanks, I think my razor collection is becoming more of a shave mug collection. But, yeah, I figured she remembered me, like you said the regulars remember. But..... what can ya do in a case like this?