Thought on the Parker 87r razor

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by poppi, Jun 21, 2019.

1. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Got this one for Father's Day. My kids have great memories cuz I mentioned that this razor was nice looking and that I have had good luck with the Parker's I've used and presently use. Thus, a new razor for me. Woot!

Usual disclaimer also. These are my impressions and YMMV.

Upon taking it out of the box, I was impressed by the finish. Smooth and flawless to my eye. A really nice looking razor. Trying out the action, all went well. The doors open/close like they should and lock down tight. There is no problem with blade alignment either. Nice weight to it as well. Feels good in hand.

So how does it shave? Very nicely according to my face. It is (to me) a mild shaver that has been easy to use. I tried the Parker blade that came with the razor. I was pleasantly surprised by them as they are very effective and comfortable to use. I like them. I also used an Astra SP and Gillette Silver Blue. Both of those are favorites of mine and all the blades provided comfortable smooth shaves for me.

Bottom line? A nice, mild shaving razor of high quality. If you are looking for a nice TTO razor, this might be the one for you.

brit likes this.