Thoughts on this...

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Justin Linker, Sep 8, 2019.

1. Justin Linker

Justin Linker Wetshaving belieber

LOL

Hembree, brit and RyX like this.
  2. RyX

RyX DoH!

I suspect the proprietary refills will be expensive as compared to products like Barbasol shave cream. Preferring a cool water lather - the heated portion of the machine would be superfluous. If left in the heater base is there a possibility of explosion hazard considering the propellant in many canned shave creams is propane? Otherwise, great stuff!

Hembree and brit like this.
  3. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

I had that in 1980. Without the heat. Actually it influenced me to use a brush my entire shaving life.
    I had the gillette brush plus system. I used several refills, then took to applying a gel directly on top of the bristles and face lathering. Once it became worn, I went to a VdH brush. But the expectation of using a brush was born and stayed even when using carts.

RyX, Hembree and brit like this.
  4. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

RyX, Hembree and brit like this.
  5. CastleShave

CastleShave Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t touch that... that’s just me personally. It also doesn’t look safe imo. I’m sure the heater has a timer on it to shut off in a certain time frame but all you need is the wrong can of barbosol/ Gillette/Schlick and boom. There it goes and possibly up in flames. I believe these cans also have a warning to not heat them up. This is definitely playing with Fire. Not to mention not wetting the brush and applying looks incredibly drying. The target market is confusing as well. Most guys that use a brush are trying to find better creams/soaps for their skin. Why would I want to use that? The market for this is very narrow as you would only be targeting newbies that don’t know any better. Most Cart users have no intention of using a brush nor do most even know how or want the maintenance of one. Ultimately I like the innovation but just don’t see enough sales for that sort of product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RyX and Hembree like this.
  6. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

Umm, nope. If you are that serious about your shaves you'd be using a traditional brush with traditional soap.

CastleShave likes this.
  7. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Think of it as a gateway device.

CastleShave and RyX like this.
  8. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I do like the fact that it may draw some people to proper wet shaving. I only hope that when people realize this doohickey is a piece of junk, that they'll try a proper brush and scuttle.

CastleShave, brit and BigD like this.