To Rinse or Not To Rinse...Between Passes?

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by PottyDoctor, Feb 13, 2007.

1. Smedley

Smedley New Member

I'm lazy and just relather over what's left.

2. BrianM

BrianM New Member

ditto for me

3. Kingpepper

Kingpepper Active Member

I do the same.

Paul

4. Will

Will Nevermind

Rinse!

When soap/cream that is leftover on my face starts to dry it gets sticky that and it applys more heat to my face and feels nice too.

5. wklmmmm

wklmmmm New Member

yes to rinsing inbetween passes

6. Teiste

Teiste New Member

the same here.If you have made a thick lubricating lather I dont see the point of rinsing the face over and over between passes.

7. wklmmmm

wklmmmm New Member

no water means sticky blade

8. Teiste

Teiste New Member

I havent noticed that.I will put more attention tomorrow but so far I havent noticed any stickiness on my blade.

9. hoglahoo

hoglahoo Yesterday's News

There is so little residue left after each pass that I have not noticed a need or desire to rinse between passes. Normally I only lather once though, not going over my face multiple times with the razor

When the shave is finished, I'll sometimes rinse with cold water and then apply aftershave. On occasion I will also begin to sing whatever song was floating around in my head during the shave. This seems to release some sort of extra soothing comfort to my freshly shaven face and often during such times I will feel that the aftershave is not necessary

10. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

I thought this question looked familiar....
    I knew it! You're one of THEM!!!!!
    (whoever "them" is...)

now to the 2 year old question:
    I used to rinse with fresh hot water between passes, then went for awhile no rinse, and now use water in the sink (as long as it's still warm, and not too soapy/whiskery)

11. wklmmmm

wklmmmm New Member

maybe i shouldnt have said blade - the part that feel to get sticky is the top of the razor against the face.

12. erictski

erictski Member

I use a straight. So i wipe the blade on a towel to clean it and i have the sink full of warm water with a towel half in it and i just pat and gently wipe between passes to clean the old lather and any hairs away and keep the face wet then relather, dip the razor in the water carefully so i dont nick it and then shave away.

13. UnklGus

UnklGus Member

I tend to rinse in between as well.

14. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

I try to make lather in a bowl as perfect as I can get it. Wetting my face down between passes screws the whole water ratio up, plus it seems wasteful and I get drips and trails of water shedding from my goatee.

Chalk me up for no rinse between passes, but I do a couple refreshing cold water rinses when I'm finished shaving.

15. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Member

I don't rinse, but I have started splashing some hot water on my face which seems to help bc my soap was getting dry in later passes.

16. techdog

techdog New Member

no rinse, just start reapplying the lather with the brush and add more water to the brush as necessary

17. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I rinse quickly, then I relather for my next pass.

18. azjoe

azjoe New Member

+1... except for the singing :happy102