Tom Ford Noir

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by ob1page, Apr 6, 2019.

1. ob1page

ob1page Frozen in Phoenix

I'm looking for a soap and aftershave that goes with Tom Ford Noir. I love this scent. Here's the breakdown:

Top notes: Italian bergamot, verbena, caraway, baie rose (pink pepper), violet flower.

Heart notes: black pepper, nutmeg, Tuscan Iris resin, Egyptian Geranium, Bulgarian Rose, Clary Sage.

Base notes: Opoponax, amber, Indonesian patchouli, vetiver, civet, vanilla

Any help is appreciated

brit, Paul Turner and RyX like this.
  2. Rev579

Rev579 Well-Known Member

Would it be a bad idea to grab an unscented soap and dose it with some TF Noir?, Same with an AS?

3. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

4. ob1page

GatorJoe and brit like this.
  5. GatorJoe

GatorJoe Well-Known Member

Me too. But if you go first and review, that would be nice. Lol.

6. ob1page

I've been going back and forth on this but thanks to @Bird Lives I was able to narrow down my search even further. Supposedly The Club Bad Habits is based on Habit Rouge but I read mixed reviews on the performance. The scent is supposed to be close. I dug a little more and ultimately decided on trying Murphy and McNeil's Ouroboros. The two share some similarities especially in the base and I've been wanting to try them out so I pulled the trigger. I also think it will be serviceable with my Spicebomb as well so it will be doing double duty. I'll report back here once they arrive.

oscar11 and GatorJoe like this.
  7. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Sounds like it would be close....

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

ob1page likes this.
  8. ob1page

I tried the Murphy and McNeil Ouroboros this morning. First, it's an excellent soap and aftershave. It easily compares to the offerings from the top artisans. The scent went very well with the Tom Ford Noir. Unfortunately my fiancee didn't like the patchouli and vanilla combo. I may have to just wear this scent to work and it doesn't look like it's going to make the rotation. I must however get a different Murphy and McNeil scent because it's performance is fantastic.

brit likes this.