Tons 'o razors

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by IAmTheJody, Jun 4, 2021.

1. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

The foreign buyers will sometimes way overpay also I know in some cases sellers purposely overprice a razor trying to get people who thnik that is a ripoff to go to their storefront to view their other items to see if they are also overpriced that are actually priced fairly. I doubt that is the case here though.

If you want consistently overpriced razors go to etsy. That flea market seller would fit right in over there.

2. Bflotom2

Bflotom2 Active Member

I have never understood guys like your flea market seller. It doesn't have to be razors. They price everything so high, without any idea of the real value and then go home empty. I can only assume that they get the rent for their space for free. Because the rent is due whether you sell something or not.

3. Bax

Bax Well-Known Member

Oh golly!
    I'm such a naive noobie! I had no idea REAL Gillette stuff was so cheap until I saw this thread! I just "won" an online auction sale for a stubby-handled 1960s Gillette Traveler Tech razor with its little case. I didn't know they were a dime a dozen! I paid FOUR BUCKS! With postage, it was just over EIGHT BUCKS!!! I got taken again. I coulda got twelve of them for ten cents! I didn't know any better. I'm such a stooge! :-(
    - Bax

4. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

A lot of these folks are more hoarders than anything else. Everything is a treasure and it would take a ridiculous price to consider selling something.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2021
    Ijustmissedthe50s and IAmTheJody like this.