Top 5 great soaps you & I use!

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Ron R, Jul 6, 2018.

?

Who likes looking for different great soaps!

1. Newbies <1 yr( DE or SE) most newbies were already on disposable cartridges before, stay DE or SE!!

2. Seasoned shavers1> yr (DE or SE or Cartridge)

3. Genral Interest

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I've gotten lazy lately and found Barbasol to be very nice. :shaver

picturerock and Frijolero like this.
  2. SILKS

SILKS Active Member

Barbasol...... Is fast.... But my skin would hate me for it...

3. dmshaver

dmshaver Well-Known Member

I'm only into this adventure of wet shaving less than a year, but I enjoy looking for great soaps. My current favorites are Haslinger & Mystic Waters.

4. Shadow Shaver

Shadow Shaver Well-Known Member

No! Tell me it isn't so...

SlowRoller47, picturerock and Enrico like this.
  5. Shadow Shaver

Shadow Shaver Well-Known Member

Nice choices. Looks like this thread gives you lots of options for the future, happy hunting .

picturerock, dmshaver and Ron R like this.
  6. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

1. Wholly Kaw
    2. Grooming Dept
    3. Panna Crema Nuavia
    4. B&M
    5. Stirling

Honorable Mentions to:
    Lisa’s Natural Herbal Creations
    Sudsy Soapery Tallow
    Siliski Soaps
    Eufros

7. SILKS

SILKS Active Member

NICE! Very NICE!

8. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

It's the only can cream that I can use, and it's been around a good long time.

picturerock and Shadow Shaver like this.
  9. SILKS

SILKS Active Member

Sounds good.... Sounds like it works well for you..

picturerock and theFAT98 like this.
  10. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

I have been wet shaving for a while now, believe i started back in 2016. It is still a learning experience but shave soaps are my main AD and passion. Having tried a crazy number of soaps [somewhere around 300] and still enjoy trying different artisans but have learned what i like in a good lather.

Here are a few favorites that come to mind:

Ballenclaugh- very unique scents, quality ingredients, top tier lather, residual slickness and post shave stand out the most.

Grooming Dept- availability can be a issue, but for good reasons since this stuff is excellent. Cant go wrong with any formula from GD.

Wholly Kaw- scents can be a bit hit of miss IMO (similar with B&M) but many have beautiful intoxicating accords. Performance is among the best on market.

Ellegant Rose- this is a newer one in my den, but their Rose scent is the bet rose scent i have come across. Lather quality is excellent as well as customer service.

Siliski Soaps- this artisan has been startimg to get a little buzz on the fourms and for good reason. Scents are natural, soap has a high butter content and is a wonderful vegan formula that can compete with the big boys.

Square One Soapworks (formerly sold as Gustafsons)- another natural vegan formula that whips up a creamy lather with no bubbles. Scents are natural and pretty strong. Comes as a loose puck in a tin.

Lisa's Natural- excellent vaule, would argue that it may surpass Razorock when it comes to quality/price. Opd formula was a semi soft puck loaded with skin food. New formula is more of a cream, personally i prefer the puck formula but either one are great products.

Many of these artisans offer other products as well allowing more variety for skin care products.

11. SILKS

SILKS Active Member

300...WOW !!!!!!!! Thats pretty freakin AMAZING !!!!!!! An Instant Vet in 2 years :)

12. dmshaver

dmshaver Well-Known Member

Yep, this thread is just what I needed to get opinions of top performing soaps. Thank you everyone!

13. DesertTime

DesertTime Well-Known Member

This list has changed slightly over the past year. A new soap (for me) holds my number 1 spot.

Saponoficio Varesino
    Stirling
    Tabac
    MWF
    Cella

I'm not one typically into scents but Saponoficio Varesino scents are unique and very pleasant, especially their 70th anniversary edition.

14. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I was PIFed a Panna Crema, but it's Fumo de Lan...???(can't see the rest of the last word)

picturerock likes this.
  15. Paul Turner

I look forward to trying a Mystic Waters next year(currently on NoBuy18).

picturerock likes this.
  16. SILKS

SILKS Active Member

Stirling is still hanging tough !!!:transport024:

17. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

I have 33 creams and 46 soaps in my current inventory, all of which work very well. With about another 10 highly rated ones on my Buy List (for after I finish No Buy '18...)

Picking a top five is really splitting hairs as the performance differences between them all are incremental.

If I had to, then in no particular order:
    1. Cella
    2. MWF
    3. Jeeves of Hudson Street, probably Bay Rum
    4. TOBS cream, either Lavender or Mr. Taylor's
    5. Klar's or maybe MdC Vetyver

Very honourable mention to Arko for its incredible cost vs. performance.

And probably 60 of the other 70 I have tried and kept are crowding right up to that finish line...

18. picturerock

picturerock Well-Known Member

My top five favorites for today - tomorrow it might be different. Start at 12 o'clock for my favorite, and proceed clockwise. The Fitjar is Fjellheim, a great juniper scent from those Norwegian magicians over there across the pond.

[​IMG]

19. Paul Turner

You have Coniferous, I see. I've always had my eye on that one.

20. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

They have several lines. I suspect that's probably one of the Pure2O line scents. The Nuavia is their top line and is named for colors of the crock they come in (Rosso, Nera, Verde, Blue). I'm not impressed with their other lines nearly as much.