Top Shavers

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Aaron Harker, Mar 7, 2019.

1. CrustyCat

CrustyCat Well-Known Member

Well, I tried it, and I like it. Might be bitten by RAD again...sheesh.

brit, RyX and johnnyflake like this.
  2. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

I am thinking of selling my Mühle Rocca, and my Schick Krona, and return to the "one razor" lifestyle with a Fatip.

DiggaDog, brit, RyX and 2 others like this.
  3. Hammer8

Hammer8 Well-Known Member

My Blackland Blackbird is going to be hard to beat. I’ve been using it exclusively for the past 2 weeks, and it keeps impressing me. As a daily driver, or with a day or 2 of growth, the efficiency and comfort of this razor is amazing.
    Follow that, Rockwell 6C, birth year Gillette Super Adjustable

brit, RyX, Keithmax and 1 other person like this.
  4. william beer

william beer Well-Known Member

Paradigm SE
    OneBlade Genesis V2
    Rex Ambassador @ setting #3

That was yesterday - today may be different. On occasion the Rex is No.1 and sometimes the OneBlade. Depends on the day. They are all fine as frog's hair and just as smooth. The OneBlade isn't as efficient as the other two but it never ever has any irritation or blood letting. The Paradigm is very smooth but just a tick less efficient as the Rex. The Rex is very versatile due to its adjustability and dialing it up produces the closest shaves but also the likelihood of vampire bait. So I leave it set at #3 and only dial it up to #4 when I want more aggression around my jaw line and chin.

brit, RyX, Keithmax and 1 other person like this.
  5. johnnyflake

johnnyflake Well-Known Member

If you catch a little RAD about these SE Razors, the really good thing about them, is if your patient, you can find truly nice ones, for around $30/35 and even less, if you get lucky. I highly recommend an E2 for a bit more aggressiveness, but not crazy and an L1, just because they shave so well! Of course eBay is the biggest fishing pool, but Etsy usually has a good selection as well.

6. jtface

jtface Well-Known Member

But which blade do you prefer in the Micromatic?!

johnnyflake likes this.
  7. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

1906SingleRing.JPG zz.JPG 06 Single Ring / 1930 NEW SC
    Different but two of my favorites in my rotation

Keithmax, brit, RyX and 1 other person like this.
  8. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

9. jtface

jtface Well-Known Member

johnnyflake likes this.
  10. DRIVER_B

DRIVER_B Member

R41 with short handle Webber bulldog. Stopped my RAD on only my second razor. Rotate blades for variety

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Keithmax and johnnyflake like this.
  11. Laird

Laird Well-Known Member

Gillette ThickCap Old Type with the ball end handle (the hollow tube with pressed in neck and ball fittings). I have two, and would keep only those if I had to let go of every other razor I own.

Keithmax likes this.
  12. brit

brit in a box

my new deluxe is climbing the ladder rapidly..