tourqued Pass around. New slant razor

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by twhite, Jul 28, 2020.

1. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Torqued By Tom (Tradere handle)/Kai (3). Tell you what, the TBT just embarrasses the new Tradere I've been using the last few days.

[​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

2. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

3. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

I had my final shave with the Torqued this morning. Yep, all good things must come to an end. @Karl G , it’s headed your way as I type this.

Like my earlier shaves with the Torqued, this morning’s shave was smooth and comfortable. This razor didn’t miss a whisker. It pairs well with a Personna lab blue or a Gillette SB. Just use a light touch, adjust the angle for the sweet spot and go to town. I’ve yet to get a nick or cut from this razor and always ended up with a DFS+++. I find the weight and balance of this razor to be to my liking, with the quality and tolerances to be excellent.

Tom, thanks for creating the Torqued and @PLANofMAN for inspiring you. It’s a great addition to your family of razors.
    7A9AFB22-6C0D-4158-9D84-72E5A85A4266.jpeg

Terry, PLANofMAN, Droo78 and 3 others like this.
  4. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

As I sit here and rub my chin, I’m missing the Torqued already!

:sad024:

Karl G and twhite like this.
  5. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

It was a short trip from the mailbox to the sink and the Torqued has made it’s debut here. A fine, close, smooth shave. No drama with two days of stubble. It was very easy to find the angle, intuitive and forgiving. If I went too high on the angle it let me know but didn’t bite. What can I say? I like it, I like it a lot :happy036: If I were going to change anything it would be to add a little heft to it. A little more weight would be nice on the downstrokes. Awesome job, Tom :bounce017:

Hot water preparation
    Argan Oil PSO
    Romera Wengue Chubby Manchurian Badger
    Barrister’s Reserve Waves
    Torqued by Tom
    Personna Platinum Chrome (1)
    Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel

83AB1D70-31A2-4AEF-9138-0FD42A54D8CD.jpeg

Happy shaving - Karl

Droo78, Billyfergie, Jim99 and 4 others like this.
  6. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Shave #2 with the Torqued. I could cut and paste my last post. In short, a pleasure to use, great shave, and one of those razors you look forward to using :happy036:

Cool water preparation
    Argan Oil PSO
    Shavemac 2-Band Silvertip Badger
    Castle Forbest Lavendar Shaving Cream
    Torqued by Tom
    Personna Platinum Chrome (2)

9D32E43E-1D62-4525-A80C-6C66F71F237C.jpeg

Happy shaving - Karl

Droo78, Jim99, twhite and 2 others like this.
  7. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    I was so annoyed by the shave cream (Poraso Wood & Spice), that I forgot to leave a review here.

Went back to the original head for the poraso shave and got the best shave thus far from the Tourqued. It's a beautiful and fine razor, but not as smooth as most of my other razors.

Karl G, twhite and jmudrick like this.
  8. Nader107

Nader107 New Member

I am living in Dubai & I guess I won't have a chance to be part of the pass around.
    I am definitely interested in buying the TBT. Any news when & if this razor will be available to purchase?

Karl G likes this.
  9. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Sorry no plans on manufacturing this razor. I have no desire to become a razor manufacturer. Just like to tinker.

Terry, Karl G, Nader107 and 1 other person like this.
  10. Nader107

Nader107 New Member

I love the design. I hope that it will inspire safety razors manufacturers to retweak their slant razor designs.
    Maybe someday it might also be available for 3D printing. Liberty Village Shaving Society already offering some 3D models on their website: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/clockandflame

The printing file for your TNNSER 3D Razor is available on:
    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3875898
    However, not everyone has the skill set to do the proper sanding/filing.
    I do wish if some kind of cooperation will happen with Liberty Village Shaving Society to enable them to offer your designs for public at affordable prices.
    Anyway, thanks for thinking out of the box & the great designs. It serves as a great inspiration to many wet shavers enthusiasts.
    Best wishes

PLANofMAN and Karl G like this.
  11. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

A 3D version is a possibility

Terry, Karl G and Nader107 like this.
  12. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Ok, something different for shave #3 with the Torqued. Last night I was musing about what effect a double blade would have. Then I saw @Edison Carter tried the same thing on the DE-Vette pass-around. Hmm, should I be worried I was thinking about the same thing as @Edison Carter :signs002:

Well, curiosity got the better of me and Tom said something to the effect of, “What could go wrong?” :happy102: So I tried it today. Biggest impression was that it had more of an SE feel but still provided the same great shave. I liked it :happy036:

Hard to compare directly to the one blade shave as I only had one day of stubble instead of two. Later this week I’ll try it with two days of stubble. :happy088:

Hot water preparation
    Argan Oil PSO
    T&H Wellington Super Badger
    Monsavon Au Lait
    Torqued by Tom
    Personna Platinum Chrome (3) top blade
    Schick Plus Platinum (1) bottom blade

506ED9D5-FAB8-460D-93D9-8F100821D783.jpeg

Happy shaving - Karl

13. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Glad you lived to tell the tale.

Edison Carter, Jim99 and Karl G like this.
  14. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Did you at least notify the local EMS squad before starting the shave?
    :eatdrink013:

Edison Carter, Karl G and twhite like this.
  15. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

No, but I confirmed with Tom that if I started bleeding freely I should probably stop :)

16. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

WARNING - WARNING - WARNING
    DANGER - WILL ROBINSON
    DANGER - DANGER
    :cool:

Jim99, PLANofMAN and Karl G like this.
  17. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

:rofl:

Billyfergie and Edison Carter like this.
  18. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

:angry017:

tp

Jim99, Edison Carter and twhite like this.
  19. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Since I'm a committed two blade user in my Shake Sharp I had to give it a try in Tom's razor. Very smooth but I'm not convinced it's more efficient than stock or with a shim.

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

Karl G, Edison Carter and twhite like this.
  20. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    IMG_1598925704264.JPEG
    Last pic before it moved to its new custodian. @Tanuki