tourqued Pass around. New slant razor

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by twhite, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Sad to say the Torqued is on it’s way. It’s headed to @joamo as @Jayaruh is celebrating SEptember with his single edge razors. He has asked to be moved to the end of the line.

Final word on the Torqued. Other than the Bunny, I don’t remember being this resistant to passing on a razor. Super intuitive and easy to get the right angle. Never a nick or weeper or any difficulty at all and one of the closer shaving razors out there. Not the closest but certainly above average - and all without any trace of razor burn. 10/10 for the Torqued :happy093:

Jim99, PLANofMAN, Droo78 and 4 others like this.
  2. joamo

joamo Well-Known Member

Terry and Edison Carter like this.
  3. joamo

joamo Well-Known Member

I received the Tourqued from Karl G today and had my first shave with it.
    I had a 4 day growth for it to mow down. Loading up a Viking Sword blade (my favorite) and whipped up a bowl of milled Speick stick while my towel got good and hot.
    I found the perfect angle on my first stroke and it efficiently wiped out the whiskers in 3 pass shave.
    I normally use a straight and because of my growth pattern rarely get a BBS on the neck with those. When I really want that smooth face feel, my go to is a Merkur 37C so I'm familiar with slants.
    The Tourqued is an efficient and well designed and executed example of a slant, although very light in weight.

4. joamo

joamo Well-Known Member

It was a big Honeydo weekend and only had the opportunity to use the Tourqued one more time. Performed very well.
    It will be on its way to @jimjo1031 later today.
    Thanks to @twhite for the opportunity to try the Tourqued!

5. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Received the Torqued from @joamo..............
    [​IMG]

Sent from my Vivo XI PLUS using Tapatalk

Jim99, Karl G and brit like this.
  6. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Tom's Tourqued Razor
    Personna Stainless Blade
    Warranteed w/Two Band Badger Brush
    Tabac Shave Soap
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel w/Lavender
    Tabac After Shave
    Tabac Eau De Cologne

Untitled.jpg

Jim99 and Edison Carter like this.
  7. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

8. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Every time I look at that razor, I think, "That razor is a thing of beauty." I am glad I will get to try it out during Open Comb OCtober.

Karl G, twhite and jmudrick like this.