Tradere razor handle

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Rob72, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Rob72

Rob72 Member

Pics are out there- I haven't had time to take any. I just wanted to say, "WOW!":) I received mine yesterday, and ran it with a Stahly head, last night.

It is a hefty handle, but uses this weight to drive the head very effectively. Any inclination to apply pressure to your face is negated by controlling the angle of the handle. Equally, this does not detract from the handling, because the texture, weight, and angles are exactly where they need to be. As I said elsewhere, the is no fumbling afterthought, "Shoot! I should have gripped___..."

The knurling is fine, but more than adequate. This is stainless steel, not brass. It won't wear off, unless you're using it as a file on the countertop. It also allows fine control with fine position adjustment in passes. No "repositioning" is required, just a slight relaxation of grip pressure, sliding of a finger or two, and reasserting the pressure to hold.

It looks like the whole razor will be on the higher side (at least for me), but well within the general market. Their head will be stainless as well, not pretty spankified Zamak that allows a 130% markup. Annnnnd, it will be OC.

For $40-odd the handle is an absolute best buy, and this from a guy who's not a huge fan of the 3 piece. I will probably be selling some things off for a complete razor. Anyone interested in a Mike Irie push dagger let me know. Yeah. That good.:cool:

http://www.tradererazors.com/Home_Page.html

2. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

i have used mine with a gooodfella and a tech head. it has a good weight, feel, and balance. It was a pleasure to use.