Trip to Texas

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by PalmettoB, Mar 12, 2007.

1. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

All you Texas folks look out! I'm headed your way! :D

I'm taking the mrs. and daughter to Georgetown over spring break next week to visit my dad and sister. I'm sure we'll check out Austin one day, and will be going to the Star of Texas rodeo (I think Wed. night...Bill Engvall is the entertainer). My sis said something about going up to Hillsboro for some boots. ;)

Even if I don't get anything, I would like to check out Enchante, and also wondered if there was any place else worth going to for shave goodies. I also was curious if Heroes and Legacies was any good (I'll need tobacco, too!)

Any of you Austin folks, give me the "word." What's good? (Houston, too, because we'll be flying out of there and staying there Friday night before leaving Sat. morning.)

2. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

Hey Blair....
    You should try to meet with some of the guys from Austin while youre down there.
    Man, that would be cool ! :cool:

3. msandoval858

msandoval858 Active Member

Shoot me a PM when you get here. I live about 10 min south of Georgetown. If you need tobacco, I know just the place.

Enchante is on the south side of town, a bit of a drive but well worth it.

4. Scorpio

Scorpio Big Hitter

let us know when you get here. We can take you out for some good BBQ and Mexican food besides all the shaving goodies. Mike and I know places!!! :D

I'll give you my number by PM. The boot place is at the outlet mall in Hillsboro. If you get a chance visit Shepler's in Austin. We'll make sure you and the missus have a good time, Texas style.

Raf

5. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Cool. Thanks, Mike.

6. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Raf, will do! Thanks.

Well, we made it here (less our bags, which came in the next day!)

Have had fun in Georgetown/Austin so far! The capitol was gorgeous, and then we went to Hillsboro today and I bought a pair of boots! Nice Justins. Will post pics when I can.

Went to the Texas Ranger Museum in Waco. And had kolaches at the Czech Stop bakery in West. Tomorrow is our day at the Star of Texas Rodeo in Austin!

I love this place!

7. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

Hey Blair !!!
    Glad you made it safe and sound.
    Tell us what ya packed in your Dopp for the trip.
    I've got a hoilday coming up and I need to see how a real pro does it !!
    Enjoy your stay.

8. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Thanks, but I don't know about the "real pro" part. Oh, man, Rick. I got myself the cheap man's equivalent of one of those roll up wetpacks. It's called a burrito (made by Columbia).

Anyway, I took the Taylor's mini (P373) brush my sister got me in London (about the size of a Crabtree & Evelyn BBB) and it fits perfectly in a prescription bottle I got from the pharmacy.

Also took my Fatboy, Merkur LH CLassic, some Col. Conk Bay Rum soap, and my T&H Ultimate Comfort balm and shave cream in travel tubes. And a five pack of Swedish Gillette blades! And my OO soap. Got room to spare if I can score any shave goodies here. ;)

Of course, toothbrush, deo, etc.

9. msandoval858

Hmm... we'll get you down to Enchante, maybe a quick swing by Heros & Legacies to see what T&H they have on sale, and the Round Rock Outlet Mall has a C&E with Sweet Almond Oil Soap on sale for $3.50 a puck...

Your gonna need a bigger dopp dude :D

10. mantic

mantic U TOOB

Barton Creek Mall is nearby Enchante too...maybe stop by C&E there? Don't mind me while I make matters worse.... :rofl

--Mark

11. mantic

mantic U TOOB

As Rachael Ray would say: "Yum-O!!" :drool

Be sure to stop by a Marble Slab creamery. :ashamed001

--Mark

12. msandoval858

I think it should officially be declared legal obligation to stop at the Czech stop when you pass through West. I can never leave there without dropping $30 on goodies to take home with me :drool

13. msandoval858

Oh yeah! How could I forget Barton Creek. There's a Nordstrom there too.

:eek:

14. msandoval858

Had a wonderful visit yesterday evening with Blair!

Looking forward to your next visit to Austin. Have a safe trip back home amigo!

:happy036

15. mantic

mantic U TOOB

Did y'all get out of Enchante (AKA "The Toy Store") in less than 2 hours? :rofl

--Mark

16. msandoval858

Hehe, we were there a little over an hour. Only because Jean was calling asking why Charles hadn't come home for dinner yet :D

17. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Folks, we just got back to SC tonight. Stayed in Houston last night so we could fly out this morning. What a great trip!!

Mike, it was pleasure meeting you! Thanks for hauling me around Austin. Raf, sorry you were feeling poorly, but glad you are better, and I will definitely look you up next visit.

Unfortunately, I only had limited time, but Mike did take me by Enchante. That Charles is an amazing guy. He is surely a "guru," and he was very interesting to talk to. I felt bad that we kept him so late.

We also made it to Heroes & Legacies. Havta try some of these other places on my next trip.

I had a blast at the rodeo, too. Bill Engvall was a hoot!! Overall just a wonderful time. I love Austin and will definitely be headed back there soon. :cool:

18. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Welcome Back Blair :D Glad to hear you had a great trip.

19. St. Croix

St. Croix New Member

Back in the '70's, we used to visit a local shop in Austin called "The Magic Mushroom". Great store. I can't remember where it was exactly...but their "recreational use" section was outstanding!

St. Croix

20. Edcculus

Edcculus Resident Bay Rummy

Sounds like a great time.