Truefit & Hill

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by La Pedrera, Jun 20, 2007.

1. La Pedrera

La Pedrera New Member

Ha!! I just found that 2 buildings from my work there is a Truefit & Hill shop.

* SCORE *

I'll be drooling on by tomorrow.. probably won't be buying anything.
    * Mental note - try not to buy anything..

2. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Repeat after me. I deserve it..I deserve it..I deserve it. :D

3. La Pedrera

La Pedrera New Member

That's of no help.. :p

Noticed you're in posession of these..

* Truefitt & Hill Trafalgar Shave Cream
    Truefitt & Hill Ultimate Comfort Shave Cream
    Truefitt & Hill West Indian Limes Shave Cream

How you find them, of what you have tried? I'm curious.. I wonder if they'll do me up some samples.. maybe that will hold me on going broke.

C

4. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Chris, I have the T&H Ultimate Comfort (unscented, but a slight lavander base), and the Grafton and 1805 shave creams. I like them all, but I'm not sure if I don't like the Crabtree & Evelyn Nomad and Sienna better. Maybe they lather a little better than the T&H, though the scents are great. Of course, YMMV (your mileage may vary). Still, to have a T&H shop that close..... :drool

5. Will

Will Nevermind

I am going to go on record.

Any of the 3 T's are...........................worthless.

Save your cash, for something worth it and for the right price.

6. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

I have no complaints at all with the Truefitt & Hill Creams. I got them with a buy and a couple of trades. I would not hesitate to buy one again. The Crabtree & Evelyn creams are my goto creams. Better price points. Scents are a different type so no overlap.

7. Scorpio

Scorpio Big Hitter

I have 1805, West Indies Limes, Unscented...but not really you can smell the lavender base and Rose. I have tried Trafalgar in the past. Like them all.

I am going to go on record:D

They are worth the money but choose wisely. Yes, there are other less expensive creams out there but I do recommend any of the three T's. TOBS and T&H are less expensive than Trumper's. I have many different types of creams but everytime I want a great creamy, luxurious lather I reach for any of the T's. This is one of those YMMV some folks love them others hate them. I truly enjoy them. YMMV.

I say try them and find out for yourself.

Raf

8. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Yes, but you didn't mention for what? :D

9. Will

Will Nevermind

1 tub of T&H = 4 pucks of Mama Bear's Soap. That is why.

10. Leisureguy

Leisureguy Read My Blog

I do like the T&H soap, though. And one puck will last a long long time---but of course I also have a mighty stash of Mama Bear (and Honeybee Spa and QED) shaving soaps. Last week I used a different Mama Bear soap each day, this week I'll be using a different Honeybee Sue soap each day. :)

11. Smedley

Smedley New Member

One of these days I will buy a T&H cream or soap.

Once I thin out the current herd, that is. Rene seems to like the one I sent him in a trade.

12. SSLSTudio...

SSLSTudio... Forum Debugger

OH YEAH !!!!!! :rofl :drool:drool:drool:drool

as a matter of fact while reading this...RUNNING TO THE SHOWER LETS GRAB THE T&H Good stuff not the most economic but the right ratio of water and this is a killer Cream. I wish I would have the 1805.
    you only need to dip your wet brush very gently takes a lot less cream then most people think to whip up luxurious lather its harder to whip the right lather then for example..brainless Mama Bear soaps. by that I mean you cant go wrong with the Bear soaps but you can mess up the T&H cream if you have too much or too litle water. the right ratio give you a very SLICK cream that rivals my Tabac Stick.