Truefitt and Hill Trafalgar

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by saltypete, Mar 9, 2009.

1. saltypete

saltypete New Member

G'day, I was looking through the store of an online shaving supplier today and saw that they are now the sole Australian stockist of TF&H products. Having always wanted to try the brand, I immediately ordered a tub of Trafalgar shaving cream, aftershave balm and cologne (as part of their promo they include a tube of 1805 cream as well). From the description, of all the fragrances they stock , this one appealed most to me. I reckon they must be quality products if Phil the Greek uses them!:D I was wondering what members who have tried these products think, of both the quality and fragrance of TF&H?

Pete

2. JimR

JimR Active Member

The quality of the cream can't be denied...a great, great stuff. Pricey, though. I've never smelled trafalgar, but the 1805 is awesome...I mean, it sucks and you don't want to use it. Send it to me in Japan. :D

3. Peders

Peders Member

It's a great scent. It's quite weak in the S/C though so you really did the right decision to bring some cologne as well(presuming that you will like it)
    It makes a great lather and the only downside of it is that it can be a bit drying to the skin. It's not a problem but it could have been better at that point.
    I will probably order some cologne and/or even a shower gel of the scent in a near future!

4. 1969Fatboy

1969Fatboy New Member

I love the Tralfagar scent. I have only the shave cream but it is a wonderful scent. I only have 1 full size cologne and that is Freshman which is a nice scent also. Pricey but I got deal on it. Perfomance wise the cream is good stuff but I believe you are paying for the scent. The quality is good but of course not the best.

5. I was on the fence about ordering the full-monty (SC,ASB,EDT) for either Trafalgar or Grafton...

A 25% discount on Grafton products from the T&H online store sealed the deal, but I really do like the Trafalgar. I've only had the sample sizes though.

6. Lopyswine

Lopyswine New Member

can anyone compare the Trafalgar to another cream's scent?

7. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

I prefer the sensitive/unscented.

8. ThePossum

ThePossum Member

I have tub of the 1905. I makes great lather that provides an even better shave. Love the scent.

So with that description you would think that I would have more T&H creams. I don't and I doubt that I will get more when the current one runs out. Why? The price.

I have found that some of the artisan creams from TSD and St Charles Shave to name two as well as other "national" brands such as TOBS, C&E, Tabac provide just as good a lather and shave at a much more reasonable price.

I am not willing to pay the extra $s that some here are willing to do for a fine shave. I get just as good results for fewer $s.

9. erictski

erictski Member

I will agree with you Bryce.

I would love to buy T & H products cuz they have some great scents. But for my money I went with TOBS (Eton College) the cream is great and half the price and the Cologne is also way cheaper but still top notch. But to each his own and IF i had the money and the economy was not in the $hitter I may have some T & H in my stock...

10. Justin Low

Justin Low Member

I have a tub of Trafalgar cream and I think it may be one of my favorite creams in terms of scents. I find that it smells like gin and tonic, and is very refreshing.

Without going into much detail, the cream performs well, although it felt a bit drying. As with the previous posters, I agree that it performs as well as other cheaper creams, e.g. TOBS, TBS, and C&E.

For me, the scent is definitely worth the premium.

11. Drew

Drew Member

Trafalgar=the best scent of any cream OR soap from any purveyor!

So it is said!

12. jnich67

jnich67 Member

I think you picked the right one. This is my fav. T&H scent and their creams are as good as any, IMHO. I'm not really able to describe the scent. I think it's a little more refined and "mature" than the 1805.

Jordan

13. saltypete

saltypete New Member

I Have to say that after three weeks of using T&H shaving cream, I'm impressed. The cream lathers up really nice and the fragrance is to my liking. The aftershave balm, while not strongly scented, leaves your face really smooth and the cologne leaves you smelling like you've just stepped out of a barbers shop. I reckon I'll have to try some more T&H scents.

Pete

14. boyextraordinare

boyextraordinare New Member

ROSE is T&H's Flagship!

15. MsBlackwolf

MsBlackwolf Queen of Critters

:confused: Really?