Truefitt & Hill Luxury Shave Soap

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by msandoval858, Apr 5, 2008.

1. msandoval858

msandoval858 Active Member

Many of you have probably already tried this one. It's reputation is well know as one of the highest quality soaps out there. For some reason, it's the one that has been left out of my collection for a long time now. Last time I attempted to go pick one up, both my local T&H spots stopped stocking the product.

I finally chased one down (wooden bowl included, of course) and have had a chance to put the razor to it a few times now. It lathers just as easy as any other hard soap, pretty typical there. Performance wise, this stuff is fantastic! Very smooth and easy shave and the scent is light and pleasant. I like scents as much as the next guy but, I really enjoy them to be light and pleasing instead of the in your face bang. This soap pretty much hits all the points I look for. If you haven't tried it, you're missing out.

2. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

How is the scent? Normal 'soap'?

3. msandoval858

msandoval858 Active Member

Kind of a mellow lavender is what I get out of it.

4. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

That doesn't sound too bad. Kind of pleasant actually.

5. johnniegold

johnniegold New Member

I just ordered the mug refill because I have been meaning to give this soap a try as well. I figured at $10.50 for the refill it was worth it to give it a go since I have heard such good things about it. If it performs as well as I have heard, then I'll go for the wooden bowl.

6. sparky5693

sparky5693 Administrator Staff Member

Administrator
    This is a soap I keep saying i'm gonna try, but keep passing up when I buy stuff. Sounds like it's time for me to change that.

7. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

Agreed with Mike. I got the refill from QED recently, and the couple times I used it have shown it to be one of the best I've tried.

8. I used it today....bought a refill for a wooden bowl filled batch I bought second hand (of course) on B&B BST. The refill for the bowl is a deal at www.onthefly.com .... Use coupon code GuessWhosBack for additional 10% discount. I'm not affliated with this site but am a regular customer. Oh...and they ship it Free Priority mail.

9. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

I've yet to use the shave soap but I've been using a sample of the cream, preshave, and asb and theyre absolutely wonderful. It really is no suprise. I'll probably have to buy my self some cream or soap. I prefer this scent over all their other scents.

10. Padron

Padron Active Member

Good call Mike! I got mine also at onthefly.com about 1 year ago.....they have frequent sales as well as the free shipping...I think I got my larger bowl refill 20% off with free shipping....I also bought a couple tubs of AOS cream at the same time...:D

I like this soap too, although for me it is a bit drying....thats what aftershave and balm is for though :)

Good stuff ;)