Trumper Extract of Limes Aftershave

Discussion in 'Aftershave Reviews' started by msandoval858, Apr 30, 2008.

1. msandoval858

msandoval858 Active Member

I'm not the biggest fan of lime scents in general, mostly because they all smell very synthetic to me and typically don't have the best longevity. Being the big fan of Trumper products I decided to give their aftershave a try. I opted for the aftershave because I really enjoy a top quality splash, especially as the weather is warming and I know the Limes cologne is notorious for short staying power on the skin. Not really what I want in a cologne. With an aftershave, staying power isn't really what I'm after, so I thought it'd be worth a shot.

When you unscrew the gold crown (I really dig the gold crowns on their shakers, btw) and take a whiff, your senses are hit with the most crisp and pure lime scent I've ever encountered. This stuff is seriously what I think the ideal lime scented product should smell like. Honestly, it kind of ruined me on other limes scents because I like it one so much.

The sting of the alcohol is pretty normal as with any decent splash. Not overwhelming, but definately there. My face feels wonderful as it dries down quickly and leaves that wonderful lime aroma behind. As expected, the scent starts to wear off but in that short time, it's pure luxury. Makes the perfect end to a great shave that I usually like to top off with a bit of GFT cologne before I head out and face the day.

At $70.00 for 200ml, I wouldn't call it a bargain by any stetch. However, if you desire what I think is the best lime scented product out there and can withstand the sticker shock, this stuff is amazing.

For further discussion please visit this thread: http://www.theshaveden.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5857