Trumper sample packs for CHEAP!!!

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by JayKay, Mar 4, 2008.

1. TOB9595

TOB9595 Member

Joshua, They can and should charge whatever they see fit.
    Buy a bunch of samples because, as you point out, you can get a goodly amount.
    This is a service to try out a high end product that I can't afford and would NEVER have had the chance to experience save for the sampler.

2. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

I recieved my kit to day. To be completely honest I was a little bit dissapointed, but for the price I'm not. I should have specified what exactly I was looking for but wound up with some nice stuff. I now have some lime skin food and coral skin food. Almond body wash. Almond body bar. Almond, rose, coconut, and GFT shave cream samples. 6 or so calognes which I'm not particuarly interested in trying. I'll guess I'll trade them out at some point.

3. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Got my package in the mail today. I have to say I WASN'T disappointed. This is a pretty rockin' sample pack for around $6.

[vbpg]1329[/vbpg]

4. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

Wow! Nice pic Blair, maybe I should order one of these things...

5. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    I thought the sampler was pretty generous, EXCEPT for the shaving cream samples.

Talk about tiny! Hardly enough for 1 shave, IMO! :eek:

6. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

Having not seen the size in person it looks like if you scrape every last ounce out you would have enough for one full shave. Hard to tell from the pic though.

7. Queen of Blades

Ounce? Try dram. :rolleyes:

8. JayKay

I get 2 shaves out of each of the sample packs but I dont like the samples anyway. The coconut actually smells like coconut unlike the tube I already own. The GFT sample is not moisturizing at all and actually feels like its drying me out. The almond wasnt bad and the rose smells like candy. All I really wanted was the lime. As for the cologne....not impressed. The body bar was great for a day untill I got susies soaps. Now I'm just going to raid C.O. Biggelow and fill up a million sample jars for freeeeeee. I never knew you could do that untill the last time I was there. Time to make use of it.

9. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy

Well.. ordered the samplepack to see what the fuzz is about ;) Thanks for the link.

10. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Based on what I normally use, I think I can get two shaves out of each little sample pot. And the little 25 ml bottles of Skin Food will be great in my travel kit bag.

11. Queen of Blades

Really?? :eek:

I guess I am just use to using more cream in a futile attempt to get through everything I have. :ashamed001

My sample creams weren't anywhere near full, or anything.

12. JayKay

Mine either. I scooped half of it out with a Q Tips. I made 4 passes and had plenty to spare.

13. fn2shave

fn2shave New Member

Thanks! Just ordered mine.

14. jimmyfingers

jimmyfingers Member

Damn, I just went to trumpers.com to purchase a sample back mainly for the skin food, but they no longer stock the skin food in this kit. Trumpers skin food is the only thing left for me to complete my shave kit and i dont have the 30 dollars for it right now.

15. barbershave

barbershave New Member

I ordered a set at the weekend, here in the UK they now charge £5 for it, so will be interesting to see what I receive.

16. AECUSN

AECUSN New Member

Please elaborate!

17. jimmyfingers

jimmyfingers Member

I ordered a sample pack last night. I had been in touch with trumpers because I wasnt pleased with the current sample pack they offered (no skin food).

Once you checkout their is a comments section at the bottom. You can request whatever products you want. I told them I wanted to try the three flavors of skin food, the almond bar, orange glycerin bar. I told them I did not want any of the EDTs.

I got an email today from Trumpers and everything I requested is being shipped with 4 SC samples.

Point is, if you want something thats not in the listing, just put it in the comments section.

18. MrFinch

MrFinch New Member

well spotted jimmyfingers. I'm off to do me some orderin', methinks :D

19. Goby

Goby New Member

I got mine today.... I got small Skin Foods, and no soap. :(

But for $5, I'm not complaining. This stuff is so darn expensive, I hope I really hate it! :)

20. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

I wasn't impressed with most of Trumper's line so you might get lucky. Unfortunately, you're likely to love the Spanish Leather and English Fern Colognes.