TSD cologne- worth every penny, times ten.

Discussion in 'Scents' started by aberneth, Jan 26, 2011.

1. DLreno

DLreno Well-Known Member

I have the Bay Rum and Bourbon Vanilla TSD Colognes, and enjoy them both. Use the English Fern A/S, and love it, so that one will become a cologne order soon. I tried the Blue Juniper soap and it smells great, so that one is on my list to try as well, either in the splash or cologne.

2. Slinger646

Slinger646 New Member

Woods is back! I don't have the post count to post links, but it's on Abercrombie & Fitch's site!

3. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Active Member

What kind of aftershave are you guys using with the cologne? Are you using the same scent a/s as cologne, or do you mix the scents? I've been hesitant to buy colognes since I got into wet shaving, because I love aftershaves so much and I don't want to clash scents, yet I don't want to always have to make sure I have a/s in the same scent as any cologne I buy.

4. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

I went ahead and ordered some cologne samples to give them a try.

The scents are Bay Rum, Bourbon Vanilla, Leather, and Lime.

I look forward to trying them.

5. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

The Abercrombie & Fitch Woods Type is available as an Aftershave Splash but not a Cologne.. am I seeing this right? I don't see it in the cologne scents.

6. JAWilliams

JAWilliams Member

Bay rum is so goooooooooooood!!!! The vanilla is great also. My wife loves them both. So JoAnna is getting more business from me. After I let her catch up.

7. roosclan

roosclan New Member

So far, my favorite TSD scent is one I've mixed up that my wife approves of considerably. She liked the Signature scent, but when I bought samples of the Cedarwood and the Egyptian Spice, she said they both were "ok." The Cedarwood reminds her of her dad's carpenter workshop, and the Egyptian Spice is "just missing something" in her words. I took a gamble and mixed 3 parts ES and 2 parts Cedarwood and it's perfect. She likes it almost as much as the Paul Sebastian I wear on days I don't shave.

Joanna, if you're watching this thread, I'll be contacting you about a custom mix of the E.S. and Cedarwood in a full size bottle once I'm done with the samples!

8. IAmTheJody

Did I ever get an answer to this? **pokes JoAnna**

9. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Sounds doable! :happy088
    hmmm...thought I answered that. :think002

I only have a limited amount of the A&F Woods Type, and since it is/was discontinued I was worried that too many folks would order it as cologne, which uses a lot of fragrance oil.

10. IAmTheJody

Ah OK, that clears that up. lol

11. cbrenner

cbrenner Member

I just ordered samples of Barbershop and TSD Signature scent today. After all the great comments I cannot wait till they arrive.

12. Giufma

Giufma New Member

I could not find where the cologne samples are on the store site. Can someone give me the direct link, please?
    Also, I don't know what to do about colognes and aftershaves. I know it isn't a good idea to mix both, so which one should I use on a regular basis? Right now I only use colognes or EdT, and even though I am curious about the A/S stuff I don't know if I'd find utility for them.

13. Queen of Blades

Cologne Samples

There's no problem mixing colognes and aftershaves.
    Aftershave's purpose is skincare.
    Cologne's purpose is to smell good.

Some aftershaves have longer lasting fragrance than others, and won't really need you to follow up with cologne.

Most folks recommend using aftershaves and colognes that either compliment each other or don't clash with each other.

For me, I'll use aftershave after a shave. ;)
    Cologne/perfume only if I'm going out for a special occasion.

5t8t2u likes this.
  14. Giufma

Giufma New Member

They are cheap! Nice, I'll try all the ones i thought would be interesting :)

I read a lot of comments on the English Fern, Bay Rum and the Bourbon Vanilla. Any other favorites I am missing? I'm also considering order Sandalwood, A&F Woods and some other fresh scent for warm weather (it's almost summer here in Brazil). Any tips? (beside the AdG :))

Thank you,
    Giuliano.

15. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Lime might be in order for a tropical summer.

16. Giufma

Giufma New Member

Interesting! It's on my list. Thanks!

17. Queen of Blades

Mojito. ;)

Florida Water Type. :drool:

Mango Coconut. :happy069:

18. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Active Member

I'll vouch for the Bourbon Vanilla. Fantastic.

19. scott wein

scott wein Well-Known Member

Just ordered some Bourbon Vanilla among a series of sample creams and milks. Can't wait to dive in.

20. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

I got a bottle of the Bamboo and Teak with my last order. Quite nice woody scent. :happy088: