TSD forums go mobile

Discussion in 'The Help Desk' started by sparky5693, Jun 24, 2012.

1. Smott

Smott Chew your shave. Slowly.

Just checked it again, and once I get past the tapatalk, I click on New Posts, cancel the tapatalk again, visit a link, cancel the tapatalk again, and then click "First Unread" and it brings me right to the post.

Sprint Samsung Epic Touch 4G (Galaxy S 2), ICS Android, Dolphin Mini browser, and an iron will.

SharpSpine likes this.
  2. sparky5693

sparky5693 Administrator Staff Member

Administrator
    I'm testing a new method of mobile detection. Feedback appreciated.

3. Falcon43

Falcon43 Active Member

I was wondering what had happened. I am used to viewing this site as a web page on my IPad. It will take some time to see if this would be my preferred method of viewing. If it is not, how can I get back to viewing as a web page?

4. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Posting from my Sony Xperia Pro smartphone running Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. verything appears to be working fine. It says 'The Shave Den Mobile' at the top so it has detected me as being on a mobile device.

5. sparky5693

Administrator
    It is my intention to not alter the viewing of the forum on tablet devices, yet auto detect phones.

What browser are you using on your ipad. Unfortunately, I don't have an ipad, which makes testing a bit more difficult.

6. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

The only thing I see missing from a staff point of view is any notifications of, or way to, Reported Items.

7. sparky5693

Administrator
    Noted, hopefully I'll get that corrected tonight.

I am a bit worried that detection isn't correct for tablet devices. I have an android tablet that seems to be correct, but not sure on ipads. My intention is to not force any style for tablets, and allow any to be manually selectable (with tablets).

IAmTheJody likes this.
  8. Falcon43

Falcon43 Active Member

No worries! I am running Safari. I have no problem being the test subject if that is a help

9. sparky5693

Administrator
    I'm guessing it forced you to the new mobile skin, yes?

10. Falcon43

Falcon43 Active Member

At this point! Yes. I tried clearing the cashe and rebooted the IPad but still only have the ability to view as a mobile device.

11. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

Everything works good on my phone. Motorola Atrix, Android 2.3.7 -Dolphin Browser, takes me to the mobile site automatically.

12. Falcon43

Falcon43 Active Member

Works good on my iPhone.

13. MoAllen

MoAllen King of Unscented

Looks good on my phone:
    Samsung Focus running Windows Phone 7.5