**TSD Meet Me in St Louis 2018 Discussion Lounge**

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Bama Samurai, Feb 11, 2018.

1. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

I'll have to sneak away from work one of these weekends and try them out. I've found some of the absolute best BBQ around STL on portable grills/stands that roam the weekends. There used to be one over in the St. Charles area that was a mandatory stop if you found him on the weekends.

2. Paul76

Paul76 Well-Known Member

It was great meeting you Carl. Glad you had a great time.
    it was really good to meet you and the misses Jacob.

3. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

I decided to shave with one of my recent acquisitions this morning. It is an NOS Wapienica razor that just had the packing grease removed. I stropped it up and had a surprisingly good two pass shave. This might become my new travel razor.

TSD Barber Shoppe Soap
    AoS Pure Badger Brush
    Polish Wapienica razor
    TSD LE Blood and Steel After Shave by Jeeves of Hudson Street
    Not a bad shave for a factory edge.
    Have a blessed Sunday![​IMG]

4. mrchick

Everybody else is on the road and I’m sitting in the hotel doing laundry which is giving me time to reflect on the weekend. I feel so fortunate to have had the opportunity to hang out with such a wonderful group of people. I had a great time bonding with you all and look forward to seeing you again.
    Thank you hosting this one Neal.

5. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

You mean they left town before helping you finish your laundry?! Bums, every one of them. I agree with your sentiments Brian and it was a pleasure and honor to be a part of it.

6. mrchick

It’s only a ten day trip. This could be worse[​IMG]

Keithmax, Bama Samurai, RyX and 6 others like this.
  7. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Well you do have those new shiny things to admire while you wait, so yeah, it's not all that bad this time.

8. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

How'd you get a picture of my daughter's laundry?

9. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

My Bride and I just made it home from the 2018 TSD 30 Day Crew meet up. We had a fantastic time, and we're already looking forward to the next one.

A big thanks, once again, to Comrade @NCoxSTL for arranging everything. You set the bar very high, my friend, for the next meet up. Thank you for the variety pack of Russian DE blades. I look forward to trying them. Most of these will be "firsts" for me.

[​IMG]

Thanks also to @Drygulch for his work to arrange the LE "Blood on Steel" soap and aftershave from Jeeves of Hudson Street and to @Keithmax for the super cool embroidered silk folding screen from Korea. I have the perfect place to display this in my office.

Here'a photo showing the loot:

[​IMG]

Drygulch, Keithmax, RyX and 3 others like this.
  10. mrchick

Glad you made it home safely. You are supposed to eat cookies and hoard razors. With practice, you will get it right. Go ahead and eat the cookies. You can do it.

11. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

1.png

Drygulch, Keithmax, RyX and 5 others like this.
  12. mrchick

Keithmax, Paul76 and wristwatchb like this.
  13. Paul76

Paul76 Well-Known Member

that was hilarious. That was me last week. I got packages three days in a row. :char039:

Keithmax, RyX, mrchick and 1 other person like this.
  14. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Glad you found Kentucky with no problems. We enjoyed having you here and it's good to see continued proof that the cookies were, indeed, real and not a propaganda stunt. I'll be looking forward to hearing what you think about those blades!

Keithmax, RyX, mrchick and 2 others like this.
  15. CarlfromMO

CarlfromMO Well-Known Member

Sunday morning shave with weekend goodies.
    The Korean screen and the JHS Cabal added even more enjoyment to this morning's shave.
    Tomorrow I will use "Blood on Steel" JHS soap.
    IMG_0918.JPG

Drygulch, Keithmax, RyX and 5 others like this.
  16. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Very nice!

wristwatchb likes this.
  17. CarlfromMO

Monday morning shave:
    IMG_0919.JPG

Drygulch, wristwatchb, Paul76 and 2 others like this.
  18. Paul76

Paul76 Well-Known Member

Nice setup Carl, the Jeeves soap lathers up very good.

Keithmax, CarlfromMO and wristwatchb like this.
  19. CarlfromMO

Yes, I'm impressed with this soap. Great performance. For me, it's a "premium" soap.

20. COMPNOR

COMPNOR Well-Known Member

I used it today, and I was definitely impressed. Almost made me wish I picked up a few of the others.

Drygulch, Keithmax, NCoxSTL and 3 others like this.